Highlighted
jayne1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra NBN connection Kit

Answered

Hi all,

Friends of mine in our area received their NBN connection kit comprising Modem and a Phone about a month ago, I didn't and end of last week received a call from Telstra NBN tech about connecting to NBN as my plan is NBN ready which covers my internet and landline so made arrangement and was told would receive connection kit....which I did BUT only the modem....so I rang and enquired why as my plan is for phone and internet after being transferred and having to put up with some real smart mouthed help desk jock who just wanted to know what did I want him to do (Telstra wants to train their help desk in a little phone edicate and manners) I hung up called yet a different number who is supposedly looking into what he can do and still haven't got a reply....so after my rant Telstra is keen to connect my NBN and provide me with a modem but on my plan I am paying for phone and internet but they seem to only want to honour half my plan.....just want to know if anyone else has had the same grief and if they managed to get some joy from Telstra and the phone part of the deal and why did some people recieve kit and others didn't.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra NBN connection Kit

Some people received NBN connection kits with phones as a prompt to connect (ie they turned up out of the blue). This was a fairly randon occurrence and not the norm.

Most people get the kit with modem only. You can plug your existing phone into the green port on the modem, or you can connect a DECT2 handset directly to the modem (it has a DECT basestation builtin).

To be honest, you are notmissing out on much with the phone that comes with the kit. It is a very basic model and couldn't connect from my kitchen to the modem in the study very well when I tried it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Some people received NBN connection kits with phones as a prompt to connect (ie they turned up out of the blue). This was a fairly randon occurrence and not the norm.

Most people get the kit with modem only. You can plug your existing phone into the green port on the modem, or you can connect a DECT2 handset directly to the modem (it has a DECT basestation builtin).

To be honest, you are notmissing out on much with the phone that comes with the kit. It is a very basic model and couldn't connect from my kitchen to the modem in the study very well when I tried it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
jayne1
Level 1: Cadet

thanks for the reply and heads up on the phone....think I was more annoyed at the attitude I got from the help desk (should be stress desk) just his attitude like well what do you want me to do attitude and actually that is exactly what he said.....really bad attitude to have on a help desk should have just said i will look into this .....anyway something that dosen't produce anger from the complainant.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now