Davodus
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra NBN order put on HOLD by NBN.Co

Currently with MR NBN FTTC at this address and changing over to Telstra.    Placed order on the 13/11/18 and was told my order has been put on HOLD by NBN with no real reason given till projected time on about 23/12/18 ???

I found out from NBN that it is so they say because of Infrastructure issue or something yet I currently have a perfect super fast (97/36mbps) NBN service with not one dropout..

Has anyone had this and knows what the real story is and the result?   Is it maybe to change over to Telstra an availability number of people in area / POI issue?

Thanks,

David.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra NBN order put on HOLD by NBN.Co

Hi @Davodus,

Thanks for reaching out. I recommend speaking to our sales team regarding this, you can find them online via Live Chat here or over the phone on 13 22 00 (when prompted, say 'internet sales') between 8AM and 9PM. 

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Davodus

Sales can't help me or do anything. NBN assurance team said its NBN infrastructure issue and nbn.co said same thing but nobody can explain exactly what that is.
I have an idea what is going on but I want it explained to me to give a better idea of completion date.

Nothing I can do but wait till December whatever....

I posted here only to see if anyone else (customer) has had this as well and what happened.

Thanks.
Davodus

This disgusting ongoing problem is in fact because of every time I place an order with Telstra, the sales people are processing the order wrong as a NEW service instead of a simple port over / transfer order from MyRepublic to Telstra which is the easiest thing you can do and I make that clear every time I place the order giving them both my MR phone number to port and the MR acc number.
They are NOT in the correct window / area to process my existing number to PORT over hence they assign me a NEW Telstra number and when NBN.co receives the order, it is as an additional service (2nd line) order because NBN sees the exisiting MR service active. NBN then puts the order on HOLD indefinitely.

This has happened 3 times now for a simple change of provider port transfer job and I still have no service with Telstra. First order was placed on the 13/11/18 and look at the date now.  I have 3 Telstra smart modems sitting here and NO Telstra service.  I told them every time I placed the order that I DO NOT need a modem because I already had one but it still got sent in mail.  How sad is that, honestly?

I went to TIO and now have a TIO case manager which isn't helping at all. I am not getting anywhere. I asked the Telstra TIO case manager who is higher than him that I can speak with, WHO is his boss and he stated that there is none, I am at the highest level which is rubbish.

Does anyone know who the highest person in Telstra is so that i may make an internal complaint about all this including to complain about my TIO case manager and how this is being handled?

Andrew Penn is the highest person in Telstra CEO, but I doubt he would speak to me as I am just a small useless customer.

Anyone got insight? Yes, the easy step is to tell Telstra where to go and simply sign up to another provider but I am trying to sort this with all that I have.

Thanks.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Davodus

Very sorry to read that your NBN Port issues are still ongoing. This is very disappointing to say the least.

Can I please have your TIO complaints reference number so I can send this feedback through to your case manager and their manager directly?

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Davodus

Complaint number 2018/12/09514

My case manager is Vikram. 1800135646 - 1289.

I am disgusted in the way he has dealt and handled this whole thing. I am still waiting for something to happen from him and am no closer to a solution yet he just calls sometimes saying he is working on it and same thing is said every time.

I would like to know who is Vikram's boss / supervisor as he didn't tell me. I need to speak to someone higher than Vikram. That is what you could try to help me with please.

Thanks,

David.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that information. I have emailed Vikram and his one up manager with this feedback and requested that they get in touch as soon as possible in the new business week. 

Please let us know how you go and do reach out again any time.

- Jimmy

Davodus

Very sad situation but I am finally connected.

First order placed on the 13/11/18 and finally connected on the 03/01/19. Is it just me or does that make you sick as well??

Service is finally up and running perfectly. Although I am told that even now that my service is ON that I have to wait till the 08/02/19 for it to be fully complete status on the system so I cannot yet apply the nbn100 Premium speed boost I need which is frustrating.

Anyway, I will be contesting the the bill once I get the first one whenever that is to not be paying 2 bills for 2 month worth of service due to the frustration and disgrace I have been dealing with over the almost 3 months trying to get service.

Thanks.
Support Team
Support Team

@Davodus I am glad to hear that your service is now connected but this is definitely longer than we would expect to get connected. We can check this out for you and review the charges for the downtime/connection delay. Chat with us on https://tel.st/dl43b or 132200 for assistance. 

Let me know how you go.

Highlighted
Davodus

Yes, will do that.

Much longer than was necessary since this order was just a simple change from one provider to another. Totally unacceptable.

Thanks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now