BIC11
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra NBN wifi

For over two weeks, my nbn internet has been slow and hard to use. The Telstra tv will not connect and we can’t use Netflix, bigpond movies etc. mobiles can only be used on data, if connected to wifi nothing loads.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra NBN wifi

Could you provide some more information.

What type of NBN connection do you have (FTTN, FTTC, FTTP etc.)?

What make and model modem do you have?

Are all the lights on Telstra modem green?

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I'd try factory resetting your modem and disabling band steering. Are devices connected via Ethernet affected?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Technical Support
Technical Support

Please contact Tech Support on 1800 834 273 where our consultants can investigate this further for you, if you haven't done so already.

If your modem has a 4G back-up service that it has been using for the past two weeks, it would be capped at 6 Mbps download. If a fault isn't reported and the 4G continues to be used, then this will get slowed even further, which is what I suspect has happened.

Contacting Tech Support is the first step to having the shaping lifted and the NBN service investigated so that your speed issue can be addressed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more