CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
rishi108_au
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Naked Cable: A tale of bumbling technicians and something call a "system"

Answered

Its not often that I get annoyed enough to log a complaint, but this has to be heard to be believed - I still can't fathom the incompetence of Telstra staff on this one...

The story begins on on the 12th July when I initially contacted Telstra, quite excited, about signing up for Naked Cable. This is what followed:

1. A dispute logged to figure out what cable provisions are available at my property (even though there was cable from the pit ready for activation onsite).

2. After a series of calls to Telstra for the next 4 weeks trying to prove there was cable provisions, a setup appointment was finally arranged 12th August. I take time off work, a technician came by, took all of 10 mins, had no idea how to trace cables from the switch to the house, and walked away with the modem.

3. On Monday 19th August, I get a call and apology, and a waive of setup fees from Telstra, and a reschedule from an appointment to tonight 23rd August.

4. I take time off work, I wait, wait, wait ... then call Telstra. Long and behold, I am advised the appointment has been cancelled without my knowledge on the 21st August! NO SMS, no email, no phone call! Apparently the "system"cancelled the appointment because there was an order conflict. I would have thought someone "human" had half a brain to call me to clarify the order!

5. NOW I lie hopeful SOMEONE in Telstra is capable of understanding how to setup a Cable connection, displays common courtesy in letting me know IF they can't make it, and actually shows with a degree of skill! The next available site visit is Sept. 4th. ... really ... what a prompt resolution this is ...

Summary, Start = 12th July, Middle = Annoyance and Inconvenience, End (Pending) = 4th Sept.

Telstra, does your "system" understand a dissatisfied customer ....maybe ..... any signs of life!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Naked Cable: A tale of bumbling technicians and something call a "system"

I hope that this is followed up for you on Monday as advised and if you do still have issues then please send in your details via the link provided by DanK and we will be more than happy to assist as well Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
rishi108_au

Re: Telstra Naked Cable: A tale of bumbling technicians and something call a "system"

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I will send you a private message shortly to collect some account/order details so that my team can investigate this for you. I do need to let you know that we currently have a turnaround of 3-5 business days to start working on a case.

If you would like this to be looked at sooner then please call 13 22 00 and speak to our connections team about this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

rishi108_au

Ok, rang 13 22 00, the operator could not the complaints ref# from last night, and "escalated" the matter for Monday.

Support note to my fellow Telstra customers, make you get references numbers for reference numbersSmiley Happy Still waiting eagerly ... maybe i should write a country song about all of this to calm myself down.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

I hope that this is followed up for you on Monday as advised and if you do still have issues then please send in your details via the link provided by DanK and we will be more than happy to assist as well Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

rishi108_au

Re: Telstra Naked Cable: A tale of bumbling technicians and something call a "system&qu

*Sigh* after a lengthy chat with the complaints department today, it was not possible to even send me the modem so I could at least connect and test if the ports are patched to the Telstra pitt before the technican arrives (hopefully) in two weeks time. At least I can confirm the MAC address provisioned for my order number matches the MAC address of the modem. (Yes I do know how to set up a cable modem having worked as cable, technical analyst and support analyst for almost a decade now!).

C'mon give something here ...

rishi108_au

Re: Telstra Naked Cable: A tale of bumbling technicians and something call a "system&qu

Here's the latest issue. I thought I would be diligent and verify the bigpond.com login and password for the Cable Internet account.

Login and password recovery features were quite good via SMS, however, via My BigPond, when checking the Order  (https://myaccount.bigpond.com/OrderTracking.do), I kept getting an error message:

"Sorry, order details are currently unavailable.

Please try again soon."

BigPond Tech Support @ 133 933 - http://go.bigpond.com/help/contact_us/bigpond_technical_support/content/tech_support_phone_popup/  were able to confirm my order is on track!

Why can't I look up my order progress? All other ISPs I've dealt with in the past have a half decent order tracker.

rishi108_au

My mistake, i should have used telstra.com/trackmyorder.
rishi108_au

Ok, cable setup completed.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now