Highlighted
johnp72
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Wifi Booster

i went to a telstra retail shop to buy one and the guy that serve me had no idea what i was on about. tried to give them $180 , however if they dont know what they are selling im in 2 minds as to whether this product is actually any good. i live in a 2 storey house, and would like to improve wifi coverage.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Smart Wifi Booster

It is as new product, the store may not have received any or had the training yet, you can find more info about them and purchase one if you'd like here

For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Burntcheese

We have a Telstra TG797n Technicolor wifi modem and find that its range is not good enough around the house. We are wanting to get a Booster of some kind and have considered the Telstra Smart Booster. Is this one our best choice and are they compatible? Also we are expecting the NBN here very soon . will this make a difference and should we wait for that first.?

If you're going to go across to the NBN with Telstra, your modem technically isnt compatible, so youre probably going to get a smart modem for free when you sign up. It naturally has better wifi than the tg797. The booster will be compatible with your tg797. There are alot ot wifi booster options out there on the market. This is the best one telstra is currently selling and i havent heard anything negative about and it worked quite well we played with it at work.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

johnp72

thanks very much for your response, i would have thought that if the product is going to be on show that the representative of the telstra store would know about it rather than send me to Harvey norman to buy a powerliner adapter.
what i i was trying to establish is it suitable for 2 storey houses.
Cheers

It would work well in two story house. Does your current tg797 reach most of your house?

Burntcheese

Thanks so much that has helped a lot. We have been approached by a number of ISP companies but will probably go with Telstra. For a number of reasons one being the 4G coverage for phones is important to us in this region. It will be more expensive but the Telstra phone coverage is our important issue. Your answer has now helped to make that decision and get the NBN connection and go from there.
I may talk again to you about that service and let you know how we get on.
Thanks
johnp72

yeah all of upstairs (nbn unit upstairs) front pat of the house downstairs nothing at the rear of the house downstairs.

i have a netgear unit plugged in downstairs which helps.so im hoping that the wifi booster will replace the netgear plug in.

The booster should work well in your situation.

danieldp1
Level 3: Gumshoe

I had the same experience......

telephone support knew NOTHING about them

local store wifi expert had never seen or heard of one 

soooooooo. Disappointing

dred to think of the support if you had a problem with it

JK_telecomms

absolutely the same story. Telstra has seriously lost the plot. They are really a joke.

What issue are you having with the smart wifi boosters?

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@danieldp1
@JK_telecomms

What number were you calling? Try 137 587
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now