CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Velocity Estate Freemans Ridge @ Carnes HIll: No FTA for 2 weeks and counting

Guys, we've been having problem estate-wide with no FTA for 2 weeks and counting now. How do we get this issue escalated? People have been calling Telstra Velocity support and was advised an initial resolution date .. then it was delayed again .. and again ...

How do we get our FTA back in our estate?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra Velocity Estate Freemans Ridge @ Carnes HIll: No FTA for 2 weeks and counting

I totally agree that nothing is being done. & it appear nothing is being done either. 10 minutes ago a Foxtel technician visited my house. Upon greeting me he said there has been a known issue in this area since Saturday the 15th, that being 9 days. He said no one at Foxtel has listened to him about the outage he has made known & the call centre keep making house calls which can not fix this issue. I advise anyone who wants there Foxtel & free to air channels working ASAP, please call the call centre, ask for a supervisor & request a job number for the Carnes Hill Velocity. If I manage to get one, I will post it on here & you can all call & add to it🤞

Re: Telstra Velocity Estate Freemans Ridge @ Carnes HIll: No FTA for 2 weeks and counting

I have spoken to the Velocity call center. I was advised there is a faulty part at the junction that supplies over 600 houses. This has a completion date of the 25th, so tomorrow. If you would like an update, then you can call Velocity directly on 1800 008 994. Then press 3 for faults. If it is still not working on the 26th, then we should all call the call center, ask for a supervisor & to get the problem escalated.

Highlighted

ETA was revised to today and still no changes, no updates... the frustrating part is the lack of communication - we need to keep calling for updates and just keep being told, it's pushed out again - WHY? what's the hold up?

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

As there is an active outage in the area for FTA TV there isn't anything a call centre supervisor can do as its out of there hands.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

I have just called Velocity. The current update, as of 5pm Friday 28th Feb, is that the fault should be fixed by the 5th March at the latest. Doesn't offer much in the way of a resolution, but at least you know how much longer we won't have any service. I have a case ID number which I am happy to share. They probably won't be able to tell you the details without my consent. But if you quote the number they should be able to read it to themselves & be able to understand what you are talking about y, providing you with a current update. My ID number is 172250122.

Highlighted

have just called Velocity. The current update, as of 5pm Friday 28th Feb, is that the fault should be fixed by the 5th March at the latest. Doesn't offer much in the way of a resolution, but at least you know how much longer we won't have any service. I have a case ID number which I am happy to share. They probably won't be able to tell you the details without my consent. But if you quote the number they should be able to read it to themselves & be able to understand what you are talking about y, providing you with a current update. My case ID number is 172250122.

Highlighted

Thanks all, was about to phone up again to find out what the issue was but found this page which is helpful. Was told two weeks ago there was a fault and it would be fixed in a week, but still not working. Been watching channel 9 live through the nine app, but not as good as FTA channels

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I'm intrigued if Telstra will compensate credits as this is obviously an outage from their end.

Telstra Fibre in Velocity Estate is meant to deliver all of these: FTA, Foxtel, Internet & Landline.

From what I understand, 2 out 4 were impacted. 

Highlighted

@PotatoCouch, @jtua9803, @Lionheart007 - It looks like the issue has been resolved. FTA TV should now be working.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit