burke1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Velocity intermittent connections

I recently moved to a new buiulding in brisbane and signed up for Telstra Velocity Broadband. Apart from being extremely overpriced and very slow is has unlimited downloads.

But it sometimes takes up to 4-5 retries to connect to a website or any other service like Netflix or Spotify.

I have been through all the online help and even dragged my computer to the kitchen to plug it directly into the Telstra modem.

The problem is the same on both our Mac laptops, ipads and iphones as well as my work PC with windows 10.

I don't have this problem when I hot spot to my phone or in the last unit we lived in (it was on NBN through Gigify).

Currently, this is making it extremely frustrating to even just browse the internet let alone do any development work and upload to my websites. What do i do?

Thanks for any replies.

Paul Barby

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Velocity intermittent connections

Are all the lights on your modem green and have you spoken to the Velocity team?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

burke1
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, all green and they stay that way even when the timeouts happen. No, I haven't since they signed me up.
Paul Barby

And they walked you through logging into your modem and putting in your @bigpond.com username and password
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @burke1

Apologies to hear of the frustration.

May I suggest the following troubleshooting steps: https://tel.st/j6dvk to see if this allows the connection to be restored.

If this doesn't resolve the problem I would recommend calling our smart community team over the phone on 1800 008 994 open 24/7.

Please keep us posted how you get on and what the outcome was.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more