CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
JimmyG138
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Velocity upgrade timeframes

I’m on Telstra Velocity on the Gold Coast and get 30Mbps downloads and 1.5Mbps uploads which is not good value for the $90 I pay each month especially when there are no other viable options with other ISPs and the speed boost is no longer available. I get better speeds on 4G.

I’ve read a few different posts on this forums saying upgrade works are happening but no published timeframes. Does anyone know anything more specific around the status of the upgrades?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra Velocity upgrade timeframes

Upgrades to back end capacity are scheduled to be completed at the end of this month to relieve congestion on the velocity network. The speeds you are getting show you aren't congested. The speed boost is currently not available due to a cease sale. There has been no announcement as to when the cease sale will be removed on the speed boost.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

JimmyG138
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for the reply. Disappointing to hear that my speeds are considered normal and not affected by congestion.

I was hoping that the upgrades would not only resolve the congestion but also result in faster speeds overall, particularly for upload speeds as working from home is a struggle.

When I rang Telstra Velocity Support last time they said the speed boost *might* be offered again once the network is reliably able to deliver the faster speeds.

The standard speed tier for velocity is 30/1. When the upgrade project is complete it's possible the cease sale will be removed and the 100/5 tier will be available. But currently there has been no public announcement from the products team that this will be the case.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now