CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
AttilaG
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Velocity

I signed up for a Telstra Velocity internet service 1st August. 29th August and service is still not connected. Apparently they had an issue with modem deliveries. My modem was delivered 16th August and after 20 calls to them they still asking if I have it delivered. Escalated to IT team who after 2 weeks still can't activate an account. This is a telecommunications company that can't even connect a simple internet service. A joke. 

When I complained, Regan one of their supervisors is rude, arrogant and brushing off the problem as "not my problem, it is with IT". When I asked what their complaints process was, he said the buck stops with him, no other person at Telstra will look at the complaint only him and that I can go to the TIO if I want. 

The salesperson on the initial call 1st August promised the service to be connected 6th August (listen to your recording). So, advertising a service that is not delivered is a breach and subject to legal actions. 

If anyone at Telstra sees this, call me to resolve ASAP. Prove that you actually do care about your customers not just taking their money (which you did 1st August). Payment taken for a service not delivered....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Velocity

Nobody will give you a call based on a post in this forum (partly because nobody knows who you are - account information is not accessible by the staff here).

To lodge a complaint. Fill out the form at https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AttilaG

Oh they know absolutely who I am it is not that hard to figure out, nothing to hide. And for a telecommunications company, and their employee Regan, I am sure they know. 

their online complaints form was down most of yesterday - how ironic - however when it came back I did lodge a complaint. I doubt enyone is actually looking at it seriously, only their arrogant answer that "we have a backlog". I do not care, I care about having a service that I paid for being connected. 

But, just in case there is any doubt TELSTRA MANAGEMNT - here is the complaint ref SR 1-2174040223849.

AttilaG

Jupiter, was my reply sufficient? And anyone from Telstra actually reading this? It has been 6 hours no response. Putrid. 

You do realise that Crowdsupport is not an official tech support channel for Telstra?

It is primarily customers helping other customers.

Now that you've lodged your formal complaint, it can take up to 5 business days to get a response, and they aim to close out the issue within 10 business days.

All the staff who monitor this site can do is send a note to the case manager (who won't have been assigned yet) asking them to get in contact with you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AttilaG

Wonderful. Based on your reply I can only make the assumption that you are also a Telstra staff. Not my problem kinda attitude. 

And your assumption is completely wrong. I don't work in telecommunications at all. 

AttilaG

then you certainly have a healthy interest in "assisting" others based on your frequency on this forum. thanks for your 'help'. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit