Mat_42
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra cable outage in East Ryde, NSW

Cable outage since Friday afternoon. At first the expected resolution time got advanced by current time + 2 hours about 8 hours after they blew the last one. Now they’re adding a day at a time. No email with explanation. No offer of recompense. Same old Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra cable outage in East Ryde, NSW

When the outage is over, I'd recommend calling billing to discuss a credit.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

The Telstra cable is now owned by NBN. Telstra has the use of part of it until NBN takes over.
When a fault is investigated... and the cause is discovered.... often replacement hardware and possibly software may need to be worked on or replaced. Often....issues become apparent as repairs progress
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Mat_42, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of the cable outage, that is frustrating. Was this ongoing or has this now been restored?

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now