CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra can't "find" my line

Hi, I've been speaking with sales about connecting ADSL to our unit. They have been unable to "find" our line and want to send a tech out to check that our line exists and or is capable. The problem with that is techs are only available during the hours were at work and so we can't be on premises. We've had an internet connection up intill 1pm saturday (yesterday) and I've dialled out to the telsta automated service to find out if my line number was correct so why can't sales detect my line to set up a connection?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra can't "find" my line

There are a couple of reasons I can think of...

1, if the other carrier used their own equipment they might have it directed in such a way that a tech would nee to update it back to the Telstra equipment.

2. If you only had the service disconnected from your previous provider yesterday, it might be still showing as active as it can take up to 2 weeks for the codes to be completely removed from a line, in which case unless a port/churn is requested it will assume it is a new line... however if it has been disconnected and you are just waiting for it to clear a port/churn would not be possible... so it might just be stuck in a state of waiting for it to completely clear the old connection.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit