CrowdSupport®
Krisb123
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra disconneted my services

Telstra disconnected my services even though I have paid my bills. My internet connection went off 4 days ago and I have spent more than 6 hours on the phone trying to get it working again. Telstra customer service are absolutely pathetic. I only rent the land line. I refuse to have a telstra internet service and this issue is why I hate telstra. The most incompetent organisation I have ever experienced. They said they just disconnected my services. I asked why and they said we just did. I have already paid my bill and they don't care. Can't reconnect it. Absolutely refused to do anything. There was no manager I could speak too everyone was not there. I need to pay a reconnection fee of $99 and the rude customer service person done nothing but try to bully me taking a new account with internet services with telstra they tried to push a plan at me that was half the download at twice the price. I'm am paying for no service? Wednesday my internet went down it's now Saturday and guess what no one is at telstra and need to call them Monday. Absolutely unacceptable.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra disconneted my services

I'm a bit confused. In one sentence you say you refuse to have a Telstra Internet Service and in another that it was cut off 4 days ago. Which is it?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Krisb123

My internet provider is Mynetfone I only rent the landline from telstra. Telstra cannot understand. Telstra don't even know what my account was before it was cutoff and somehow it's completely impossible to reconnect

Do you pay your bill for your landline directly to Telstra, or do you pay it to Mynetfone?

If you pay to Mynetfone and don't have a Telstra Account number, then you need to talk to Mynetfone as the service is under their control. Telstra cannot help you if that is the case.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Krisb123

I have had a telstra account for the last 7 years and have had no problems until Wednesday. I've always payed my telstra bills on time or a few days late at Max. Never had any issues with my account until now I don't have one. They decided to disconnect me and close my account. I have already paid for the next month they took the money and closed down the services.

Your next step would be to lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints since you can't get it resolved by the phone consultants.

Did you ask them who requested that the services be cancelled?
Krisb123

Yeh. the phone people. Spent 6 hours with these people. They have no responsibility for disconnected line. Told me he didn't do it so i don't know how it was disconnected. told me he can't change that he can do a new order to reconnect but this will cost $99. Needs to send out a technician.
Telstra doesn't need any authority from anyone to disconnect your services. They just did and I need to pay. It's all my problem not telstra. Very corrupt company this. I will definitely be lodging complaint with the ombudsman
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am sorry that this has happened.

Have you lodged a complaint with us using the link that was supplied yesterday so we can assign it to a case manager?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Krisb123

Yes I did that and after another hour sending messages and being told it's still completely impossible to get internet that I had last week I gave up. Lodging a complaint with the ombudsman.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Krisb123,

Can you please provide me with your complaint reference number?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Krisb123

SR 1-1990568794405. I'm currently on the phone with mynetfone and they have inquired on my behalf and they have confirmed that I requested the disconnect. This is absolute lies. Provide evidence that I requested disconnect!
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the information. I can see that your complaint was raised on the weekend. Please allow 3-5 business days for your case manager to be assigned and investigate this further before that can contact you. For enquiries relating to your internet service however, please speak with your service provider (MyNetFone).

- Tim 

Krisb123

Did you not understand the last message? I have already contacted mynetfone and they inquired about my connection directly to telstra and tell me I requested it be disconnected.
Provide evidence I requested disconnect!
I told mynetfone the telstra person said telstra don't own the phone lines anymore so it's not our problem. I had internet last week. Haven't had internet since 10th and it's completely impossible to get internet. Every one in my street has internet except me. I only rent a phone line from telstra. It's the most simple account possible. Yet it's completely impossible. Telstra is the most incompetent organisation I have ever experienced.

@Krisb123, let's roll this back a step. Were you migrating your Internet connection across to the NBN by any chance?

If so, you can't have a telephone service by one company and the internet service by another. They both have to be supplied by the one company.

If you asked Mynetfone to migrate your service to the NBN, then your Telstra service would have automatically been cancelled.

If this is not the case, then your Case Manager should be able to track down the request to cancel your service (whether it was via the website or a voice recording).

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Only reason's why a service would get disconnected is if you haven't paid your bill, or the cutoff date for NBN transition has come or gone and the service had to be disconnected as per legislation.

You've already mentioned you've paid your bill. Have you checked your address on the NBN website to see when the cutoff date is?

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Krisb123

Wasn't aware that I need to migrate my services. It was just cutoff. I have spent the last 4 days trying to get answers. I would have appreciated a call or text or email informing me that I would have no internet right on school holidays and to organise something. If this new migration to nbn means I never have to deal with telstra again this is the best news I've ever heard. I've already lodged a complaint with the telecommunications ombudsman. They tell me services could be out until 2-5-19. Weeks away

You should have received warning letters months ago from NBN Co, Telstra and MyNetFone about the cutoff (as well as notices in the local paper if you still have one).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now