Since switching over to the NBN I can no longer access sites in the Soviet Union.
I have been working with a game developer in the Soviet Union and his forum and game at www.ispace.su can no longer be accessed from several Telstra NBN places I tried yet I can go to a friend's iinet NBN and it works.
This has nothing to do with national security or piracy but a game he runs in Russia and I run an equivalent version, I made in Australia and is played by people from all over the world. He can still access my version of the game and my forum which is based in the USA. My game server is based in Australia.
This is bloody stupid and a very heavy handed approach. I have put in a request to Telstra and they never bothered to reply so far. This is very annoying.
Was this helpful?
Not all of the NBN customers are blocked. I can access that link. It might be settings on your gateway or have you conside that the Soviet Union might be blocking your access.
Im on ADSL
I could only access it using TOR browser
I generally use Opera as my browser of choice and considering i tried changing from duckduckgo to bing yahoo I still kept getting the message from google could not connect
I tried from Mozila same deal as Opera except with out the google message.
so it may not be Telstra but American search engines
It's DNS issue, at least in Tasmania. The www.ispace.su does not resolve... However, if I go to 184.108.40.206 (which should be its IP) I get:
tracert 220.127.116.11 Tracing route to web02-cp.marosnet.net [18.104.22.168] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms dsldevice.gateway [10.0.0.138] 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms 22.214.171.124 4 16 ms 10 ms 10 ms bundle-ether5.dav-core1.hobart.telstra.net [126.96.36.199] 5 26 ms 24 ms 23 ms bundle-ether7.win-core10.melbourne.telstra.net [188.8.131.52] 6 32 ms 32 ms 32 ms bundle-ether12.ken-core10.sydney.telstra.net [184.108.40.206] 7 34 ms 34 ms 32 ms bundle-ether1.pad-gw11.sydney.telstra.net [220.127.116.11] 8 33 ms 32 ms 34 ms bundle-ether1.sydp-core04.sydney.reach.com [18.104.22.168] 9 181 ms 182 ms 181 ms i-52.tlot-core02.bx.telstraglobal.net [22.214.171.124] 10 175 ms 176 ms 175 ms i-0-0-0-1.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net [126.96.36.199] 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 363 ms 362 ms 362 ms ae5-10.RT.M9.MSK.RU.retn.net [188.8.131.52] 13 373 ms 374 ms 378 ms GW-MarosNet.retn.net [184.108.40.206] 14 378 ms 375 ms 375 ms web02-cp.marosnet.net [220.127.116.11]
So it is certainly not blocked...
Additionally, server has SSH port open and I can connect to it using the IP address, so really, no blocking, just DNS issue (unless telstra is blocking in such a silly way)...
Try changing DNS settings on PC or gateway to use Google or opendns. I have changed my settings to open DNS and was able to access the site.
The only NBN telstra modem you can do this on is the F@st 5355. The other options have the option but it does not work.
If you have the F@st 5355 log into modem http//10.0.0.138 password is admin.
Go to Advanced / Access Control / DNS
That is the modem I have but I can not see the option you are referring to.
"If you have the F@st 5355 log into modem http//10.0.0.138 password is admin.
Go to Advanced / Access Control / DNS"
Sorry my memories not as good as it used to be its under http://10.0.0.138 Advanced / Gateway Settings / DNS
Below is an link to unofficiall manual for gateway
Sorry but this is not helping. I can not see what can be changed by following your instructions.
Thank you anyway for your time.
Log onto Gateway using web browser.
http://10.0.0.138 password = admin
Goto Advanced / Gateway Settings / DNS
Enter values as shown in image for opendns and click on apply or for Google use 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
Sometimes you might get an error message when this happens the gatway has to be turned of and then back on before the values can be changed.