CrowdSupport®
plaver
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra network and TP link W8970

Can someone advise connection settings I need to use with Telstra network. When I set-up using the Wizard etc I can't connect to the Internet, any ideas?? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra network and TP link W8970

A bit hard with one line in a thread title like that Plaver to make out your exact question.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi Plaver,

Try this link HERE for some instructions on how to configure a BYO modem to the Telstra network.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Level 23: Superhero

Hello Plaver,

With some  devices, Telstra have varying methods to transmit settings to the device. They only support what they sell.

You may wish to try these settings, BUT I can't promise they will work!

Username: username@bigpond if your email address ends with bigpond.net.au or username@bigpond.com if your email address ends with bigpond.com
Password: YourPassword
Encapsulation: PPPoA VCMUX
Authentication: CHAP
Modulation G.DMT
VPI (Virtual Path Identifier ): 8
VCI (Virtual Channel Identifier): 35
These are sometime expressed together as VPI/VCI: 8*35
Static IP: Disabled

Please note these are generic settings and not all may apply to your particular modem.

Kind regards

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit