Highlighted
toastman124875
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra owning the last mile has absolutely killed this country.

Answered

I have been experiencing speeds of 0.9Mbps for download & upload since the nbn was connect about 2 months ago. The shockingly nasty and insidious Telstra customer service provide zero help, The Indian support people simply hang up. wtf? Telstra have a monopoly over Australia, and they do not care about their customers at all. On paper and in the flesh, Telstra are a disgraceful company. Telstra owning the last mile has absolutely killed this country.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra owning the last mile has absolutely killed this country.

In locations were NBN is available Telstra no longer owns the last mile. Telstra is just another RSP. NBN Co owns and maintains the infrastructure including the cables in the street.

If you are not happy with the support you have received raise a complaint by either using the online form or ringing 132200 and when asked reason for call say complaint.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

In locations were NBN is available Telstra no longer owns the last mile. Telstra is just another RSP. NBN Co owns and maintains the infrastructure including the cables in the street.

If you are not happy with the support you have received raise a complaint by either using the online form or ringing 132200 and when asked reason for call say complaint.

Level 21: Augmented

@toastman124875, you need to get your facts right... If you are in NBN Co area, Telstra does not own an INCH!!! Telstra is as much of victim of NBN Co as you are... Barking at the wrong tree!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Ignoring the fact that you don't know how the NBN works, can you log in to your modem and post your connection stats here so that we can try and figure out what is happening with your service and offer some advice as to how to get it working properly.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ghost4
Level 3: Gumshoe

Totally agree with you mate. but I have a solution for you, go on live chat, ask your order status if it is showing complete on their system and tell them to add speed boost on your internet services.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now