Highlighted
JB7431
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra's bad customer service and Terrible Internet Service

I have had constant and ongoing issues with my home phone not working after it has rained for the last 8 years. I have had constant issues with my Foxtel turning on and off and not working for the last 2 years and further to this my internet (ADSL2) is so slow that it will not even work at times and the Telstra TV service we have won't work due to this and when it does work the picture is blurry and freezes constantly.

I have gotten to a point where I have just given up on ringing Telstra and have just been living with substandard services for years and having to speak with Telstra call centre staff overseas who are hard to understand and who just go thru their scripted nonsense and solve nothing. I have asked to speak to someone in Australia and they have refused to put me thru to someone. I have been paying for services I do not get and it has cost my business and my family a lot of money. I have tried to claim for loss and Telstra denied it. I am going to go to the Ombudsman and I am going to sue Telstra for taking my money and not providing me the service they have advertised I can have. Telstra take my money each month yet do not provide me with the promised services. I have no choice but to use Telstra as other providers do not give all the services that I need in my area.

Why is it that Telstra has such pathetic customer service and seem to deliberately treat customers with contempt to just frustrate them in an attempt to make them go away? Telstra must learn to treat customers with respect and care for a change. It would be so nice to have Telstra actually fix the problem and reimburse for the lack of services they have been supplying for so long.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Technical Support
Technical Support

Re: Telstra's bad customer service and Terrible Internet Service

Hi JB7431, 

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you've been having. If you're not getting any sanctification from our technical support team in this matter then your next step will be to lodge a complaint. You can use one of the methods listed here.

You'll be assigned a case manager who will be in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss your concerns and work with you to come to a solution.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more