CrowdSupport®

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra smart modem gen 2 fault

Thanks for that information, Garry49. May I please ask why you believe this may be resolved tonight? Have tech support implemented a potential resolution?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Garry49
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi CodaR,
No it was more in hope than anything else. And as it turned out it came good last night and then tonight, I have had trouble logging into Telstra Web Mail, and this is not the first time either. Whatever is causing the trouble is intermittent and there is no rhyme or reason as to when it occurs. The NBN here is HTTC connection.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Garry49,

At the time of the Webmail login issue, do you get the same thing happening if you try a different browser? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

BigAl1973
Level 1: Cadet

I received my smart modem gen 2 today was told I should get it as its an upgrade to what I had connected it today and had nothing but trouble with it I can not open things on my tv that I used to be able to open with the old modem my wifes computer wont connect but my phone and my wifes will my computer is connected its the worst modem ive ever had 

Level 24: Supreme Being

Try turning off band steering in the modem’s 2.4GHz WiFi settings this will result in the 5 GHz band SSID having -5G added to end off SSID. Some devices particular older devices don’t like it when the 2.4 GHz WiFi band has same SSID as the 5GHz WiFi band.

If you have the Arcadian modem LH1000 check the firmware is the latest version 07.05r (Advanced   > Info Summary). Some  devices have trouble maintaining a connection to mode s with firmware versions 05 or 04.

BigAl1973

this did not help the problem is still there I have connected the tv through Ethernet now and it still wont open the pages I was able to open on my old modem through WIFI this is very painful I am trying to open plus 7 as we use this page very often I have checked it is the latest firmware  for this new modem I have turned off band steering and reconnected the modem to the tv  

The TV might be set up with a static IP address that is not within the DHCP range of the modem.
Suggest you check network settings on TV and check that it is set to obtain IP address and DNS address automatically.
BigAl1973

ok so I have now been able to connect to my wifes computer but the tv is connected but will only load half of the plus 7 on my tv so we are half way there thanks for your help so far I can open it on my computer and on my phone just not the tv but I was able to on my old modem it was a technicolor tg799vac

BigAl1973

oh and the ethernet cable to the tv was only temporary it is now on wifi again

famous_mikey

I had the same problem after about three weeks. I spent over one hour with a technician on the phone until he had completed numerous line tests and decided that the Telstra G2 modem was faulty. So he ordered one to be delivered via courier within a few days. A week later I rang Telstra and they said it was on its way but it could take up to three weeks! That's a month I would have to go without the modem! So who is telling porkies? Two days later the modem turns up on the front door step when I am not around, with the parcel clearly marked that it must be signed for. 

My initial observation is that the replacement modem is in a light red box and made in the Philippines whereas the original modem was in a light green box and made in China. Graphics are the same. When I had to go to my local Telstra shop which is notorious for not having stock of any peripherals, there was a shelf with about 30 red boxes of the modem in question. These are normally kept out the back. Suffice to say that I smell a BIG RAT and Telstra are just wasting people's when they know all along that there is a fault with their NBN  modem, and they are just going through a massive face saving exercise.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now