Highlighted
SonLee
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra technician dosen't turn up again

Very upset.  2nd June we had an excellent experience with NBN coming out to install the boxes.  They were EARLY!!! and rang to ask if they could come earlier!  Within an hour and half the job was done.

13th June was a date given to us between 8-12 for the Telstra technican to come and and connect us.  I had the day off work - losing a day's pay and NOBODY turned up!  NO phone calls NO nothing.

I rang up several times to get answers to be told 'we are very sorry' but thats not cutting it anymore.  I got told Friday that there was a techincal fault with the booking that they had to 'reset' my order for a techician and get a new date and I would get a phone call Monday morning confirming the new date. Well guess what - its Tuesday afternoon and I had to make a call to find out what is happening!  Getting told that tomorrow I will be given a date.

I have demanded that date be this week while my husband is off work!  How hard is it to get a technican booked??!??!??!  I want to talk to someone here in Australia and book a friggen appointment!  Not impressed at all and ready to go to another provider.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra technician dosen't turn up again

This is definitely a disappointing experience and I am sincerely sorry that we've missed your appointment. This is certainly not good enough.

The quickest way to get this followed up will be through our NBN team on 1800 834 273. 

If you have further trouble with getting this sorted, please let me know and I can escalate internally for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mpforum
Level 2: Rookie

JesseS,

Half the problem is that the NBN team isn't in Australia and they don't care what happens here.

So far I have had 2 appointments cancelled on me and they either can't give an answer as to why, or just try to dodge the question completely and when pressured they threaten to disconnect the call.

So, to say that the quickest way to get this followed up will be through our NBN team isn't a solution. We need to have access to someone in Australia who has a knowledge of what is happening and how things work. Until this happens there are going to be a lot of unhappy NBN customers. I've gotten to the point where I'm calling the ombudsman on Monday afternoon if my connection isn't sorted.

We need to be able to call someone who can give us information about our appointments, can tell us FOR SURE that the appointment will be kept, someone that can give us a reason to why an appointment has not been kept, and someone who can be help responsible for appointment muck ups. That way us customers don't have to put up with the consant passing of the buck when things go wrong.

Support Team
Support Team

I am sincerely sorry for the mistakes and I do appreciate that you want someone to fix this for you.

The NBN Team are trained specifically to investigate these types of issues and ensure they're resolved. This will normally provide a better and quicker solution, than some alternatives.

If you're still not able to get a positive result with them, I can investigate further if it's required.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

WheresMyNBN

Lodge a complaint with the telecommunications industry ombudsman and you will get an Australian case manager who will be equally as useless. I've had 3 failed attempts to get an nbn appointment
unhappyuser
Level 2: Rookie

Me too!  Had appointment with NBN today 1pm-5pm.  No one turns up, called Case Manager who said NBN advised shortage of technicians and have to reschedule for another day.  This is after numerous text messages reminding me to be at home at the above time!   and reminder call from Case Manager day prior.  Asked for Supervisor who just repeats NBN fault not theirs. Can't get NBN appointment today Friday - will be called 10am Monday to reschedule.     what is so hard about contacting the customer and advising no one is coming!!!  On reading Crowd support this is a common complaint.   Telstra - please do something as I am your customer.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi unhappyuser

I'm sorry to hear that your connection hasn't gone to plan thus far.

Unfortunately for us this part of the connection is out of our hands - we're just the messengers for the NBNco - so we can only give you as much warning as we ourselves receive. 

I hope you're able to get a suitable new time on Monday. 

Ruzia99

They dont give damn - wating, wating, wainting for tech to schedukled appointment, dont turn up, dont call to tell me that they cant make it.  I call them and find I have to reschedule, and then because they screwed up, I go to back of the queue for the next appointment.  Horrible customer experience. Horrible service. Still waiting.

Support Team
Support Team

Really sorry for the frustration Ruzia99, it's certainly not the experience we aim to provide.
Have we given you a time for the rescheduled appointment?
I'd like to hear this is being prioritised. - Matthew.

ALittleConfused

I'm a little bit confused as to why an automatic email/SMS isn't sent out to people when an appointment is changed. This is especially true for a telecommunications provider. Saying sorry, and it's not good enough, it's disappointing blah blah blah.. every time someone complains is hollow and meaningless.

Is Telstra doing anything to change obvious systemic problems between field maintenance/connections and customer service? Why is it that every time someone doesn't turn up for an appointment (in my case for a snapped overhead phone cable) it's me/the customer who has to contact Telstra to find out why someone didn't show up? Why doesn't an automatic message get sent to the customer when the maintenance technician clicks 'whatever he/she has to' on his/her tablet/laptop when they can't make it to an appointment on their task list/job list/whatever it's called?

Seems to be an ongoing issue.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Michael

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more