Highlighted
Sockeye
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra unable to handle NBN orders.

Anyone else experiencing this? 

On May 19, 2017 I have had an appointment in my local Telstra store where I ordered a NBN bundle and agreed to signed up for a contract worth more than $5000 over the next two years.

Today, as of June 8, 2017 I have not received my order, and in an attempt to investigate what is going on with the order I have been treated with unprecedented level of incompetence, ignorance and unprofessionalism.  Below is the sequence of events.

19 May, 2017 – Initial appointment and placement of the order. Agent name is Dylan 0455054064
dylan.halpin@telstrastores.com.au North Lakes

May 23, 2017 - I received two separate emails with PDF contract attached. One for the order with basic NBN modem, another one with the advanced Frontier modem that I actually wanted and ordered.

Your order number is: 1-1157646236638
Date: 23/05/2017 07:34:55 AM

Your order number is: 1-1157655579844
Date: 23/05/2017 08:19:43 AM

May 26, 2017 - I received a parcel with hardware for the first order which had incorrect modem in it.

May 27, 2017 - Next day I spoke with the support agent who advised me that there was a technical glitch and within two days the mistake will be resolved and I will receive my correct order and hardware.

I was also advised that my case manager is Vinod Judhav and he can be reached directly on the extension  5699.

Call ID int-1-1162220071476

May 28-29, 2017  – Multiple calls placed and massages left for Vinod Judhav. He/She never returned any calls.

May 31, 2017 – I called support line again and discussed the issue of Vinod not returning my calls and attempted to clarify my order. I advised that I wanted to complain of the agent not responding to the messages left.  I was told that the order has gone to a “provisioning team” for a “rebuild” and someone will be in touch with me today. Reference int-1-1166139450042

May 31, 2017 – later in the day I attempted additional calls to the support line, but I was unable to get through the system to any agent at 1800834273 option 2. The system was simply hanging up on me.

May 31, 2017 – I placed another call to 1800834273 option 1 and was able to speak with the agent who presented to be very helpful, told me that he understands the problem, advised me that the initial two orders must be cancelled before new one placed, had me on hold for about 20 minutes and then advised that he “got through to the managers” to cancel my orders, and placed a new order. He firmly said that I should be receiving my correct hardware with the next 2-3 days.

The agent also gave me “Escalation Order Reference” number of 3173870

Conversation ID INT 1-1166653034350. NATHAN Employee Number: D856405

June 1,2017 – I called again to confirm that my order has gone through and being properly handled. The agent advised me that contrary to the previous conversation nothing has been ordered and processed, some “provisioning team” needs to review and rebuild the order again, and this may take up to a week. Already disappointed and unhappy I asked the agent to escalate the issue to his management. I agreed to wait yet another week hoping that Telstra will resolve this issue within the next 7 days.

Later same day I received email from the Team Lead acknowledging the issue and advising to get in contact with the agent again.

INT 1-1168011600555 HUBERT Employee Number: D770192

John Herrero Jr.

Telstra Leader - NBN

June 8, 2017

I contacted support again via link in the automatic email I received earlier, but that was yet another agent. I requested to speak with John Herrero and when connected to him, asked to clarify the issue with my order. I expressed my concern and disappointment with the service I have received so far. Mr.Herrero appeared to be aware of the issue, but was unable to provide me with any specific information regarding resolution of my order. In fact, I could not understand his message as the quality of the sound on his line was terrible.

I asked him to escalate the order to his superior and asked to have his manager’s details. He refused to provide me with this information. Instead he promised to escalate this issue again and return me a call as soon as possible. I am yet to receive his call.

During conversation he advised me of yet another person who may be handling my case. Fatima, ID D845839. I am not certain who that person is.

I am about to place a formal complaint about this. Any advise how to have this resolved? Telstra agents, care to comment?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 20: Director

Re: Telstra unable to handle NBN orders.

Try this link https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

or you can call 13 22 00

In my experience you get a lot futher with a TIO complaint raised as well, rahter than just a Telstra complaint. Got my situation sorted out in a week rather than the expected 6 months.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.
cnotoham

I have a similar issue. The NBN technician never arrived at my house on the booking day. They however marked the job as completed. I have to call Telstra & NBN back and forth many times to convince them that the technician never arrived. And right now they are still not convinced. I have to get Telstra to book another appointment. I have to do this through Telstra, the NBN said. I cannot make the appointment directly. Has to go through the service provider. I haven't received confirmation when the next appointment will be. I have no internet connection now because it is activated but my old modem is not compatible with NBN and because I don't have the NBN box installed inside my house as the technician never came. This whole thing is a mess. The whole process is a mess. They are such incompetent. I have lodged a complaint through the 132 200 number. Very frustrating! I am not sure how long I am going to end up without internet
Level 25: The Singularity

@cnotoham, were you gettingan  FTTP (Fibre to the Home) or FTTN (ADSL replacement) service installed. If it was FTTN, there is no work that gets done at your house. You just plug in your new modem in like your existing ADSL modem (assuming you had an ADSL service).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cnotoham

@Jupiter, mine is HFC

Then you definitely need the tech. They bring the Arris modem (NBN supplied) that replaces your cable modem (did you have Telstra Cable before?). You then plug the Gateway into that.

When you call hte 1800 834 273 number again, tell them that on top of the NBN tech not turning up, you haven't got the Arris modem, so it is impossible for you to connect.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now