CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
s-donaghue
Level 1: Cadet

Telstras webpage false advertising for minimum 15Mps ADSL speeds

So Telstras webpage states

"Great news! You can get connected via ADSL
All our plans come with Standard Evening Speed (nbn tier 25), which provides typical minimum speeds of 15Mbps between 7pm-11pm."

well here is a NEWSFLASH its 10pm and my max Mps is 6.69Mps and that is WHEN it is working which is about 6mins out of every 10 no wonder everyone is going to Optus my neighbour is on 23Mps with Optus on a cheaper plan go figure!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Telstras webpage false advertising for minimum 15Mps ADSL speeds

Telstra covers themselves as they have included the word "typical" in that sentence.

But don't think for a minute any ISP is infallible to congestion.

I assume you have rang technical support to see what can be done?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
coballes19
Level 3: Gumshoe

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/NBN-Beeliar-Peak-Time-log/m-p/720929#M68878

You're not the only one. I have been watching my speeds and latency carefully for quite a while, even as of now.

They are very atrocious. They keep on accepting customers without appropriately adjusting their CVCs to ensure this things won't happen.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

That is a coding error on the website. It has said that you can get ADSL, but the speeds it is referring to are for NBN connections only. They have no relevance to an ADSL connection.

@DanK, something that needs to be looked at.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit