Highlighted
Cbehold
Level 1: Cadet

The T-Gateway does not except the wireless security key, The network security key isn,t correct

Answered

I have Acer Aspire E1-571, when trying to connect toTelstra,s T-Gateway with the wireless security key given to me by a Telstra Technician. The reply I get is the network security key isn,t correct. Please try again.

I had the NBN connected in February 2013 and had two laptops connected to the T-gateway by wi-fi with the wireless security key. All connected by the technician, everything working okay before the Telstra technician left.

I did have a few teething problems telephones not working properly. Fixed that by buying three new Telstra wi-fi telephone sets and setting them up and have been working okay for the last seven months, had to switch the T-gateway off a few times till the system settled down, now that part of the system works okay.

I bought the Acer Aspire after the other two laptops were connected, and had no trouble connecting the laptop to the Telstra T-Gateway by typing in the wireless security key and pressing enter and the laptop was working on the wi-fi, all most forgot the laptop recognised the T-gateway. The laptop came with Windows 8 preinstalled .

I downloaded Windows 8.1 preview and installed on this laptop that's when I had trouble connecting to the T-Gateway wi-fi, I have refreshed laptop and now have Windows 8 standard installed, and still cannot connect to the T-Gateway via wi-fi.

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: The T-Gateway does not except the wireless security key, The network security key isn,t correct

Hi Charles,

The WiFi security keys should also be on a sticker on the back of the modem.

Alternatively you can access your modems WiFi settings with the following steps:

- Click on the following link: http://10.0.0.138
- On the left hand menu click on Home Network
- Select the link where it displays WLAN and your network identifier.
- Click on configure in the top right hand corner.
- You can change the settings to meet your requirements
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the screen

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: The T-Gateway does not except the wireless security key, The network security key isn,t correct

Hi Charles,

The WiFi security keys should also be on a sticker on the back of the modem.

Alternatively you can access your modems WiFi settings with the following steps:

- Click on the following link: http://10.0.0.138
- On the left hand menu click on Home Network
- Select the link where it displays WLAN and your network identifier.
- Click on configure in the top right hand corner.
- You can change the settings to meet your requirements
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the screen

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now