CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Cbehold
Level 1: Cadet

The T-Gateway does not except the wireless security key, The network security key isn,t correct

Answered

I have Acer Aspire E1-571, when trying to connect toTelstra,s T-Gateway with the wireless security key given to me by a Telstra Technician. The reply I get is the network security key isn,t correct. Please try again.

I had the NBN connected in February 2013 and had two laptops connected to the T-gateway by wi-fi with the wireless security key. All connected by the technician, everything working okay before the Telstra technician left.

I did have a few teething problems telephones not working properly. Fixed that by buying three new Telstra wi-fi telephone sets and setting them up and have been working okay for the last seven months, had to switch the T-gateway off a few times till the system settled down, now that part of the system works okay.

I bought the Acer Aspire after the other two laptops were connected, and had no trouble connecting the laptop to the Telstra T-Gateway by typing in the wireless security key and pressing enter and the laptop was working on the wi-fi, all most forgot the laptop recognised the T-gateway. The laptop came with Windows 8 preinstalled .

I downloaded Windows 8.1 preview and installed on this laptop that's when I had trouble connecting to the T-Gateway wi-fi, I have refreshed laptop and now have Windows 8 standard installed, and still cannot connect to the T-Gateway via wi-fi.

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: The T-Gateway does not except the wireless security key, The network security key isn,t correct

Hi Charles,

The WiFi security keys should also be on a sticker on the back of the modem.

Alternatively you can access your modems WiFi settings with the following steps:

- Click on the following link: http://10.0.0.138
- On the left hand menu click on Home Network
- Select the link where it displays WLAN and your network identifier.
- Click on configure in the top right hand corner.
- You can change the settings to meet your requirements
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the screen

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: The T-Gateway does not except the wireless security key, The network security key isn,t correct

Hi Charles,

The WiFi security keys should also be on a sticker on the back of the modem.

Alternatively you can access your modems WiFi settings with the following steps:

- Click on the following link: http://10.0.0.138
- On the left hand menu click on Home Network
- Select the link where it displays WLAN and your network identifier.
- Click on configure in the top right hand corner.
- You can change the settings to meet your requirements
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the screen

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit