Char8
Level 2: Rookie

Tlc tv gen2 smart modem

Answered
Hi since installing my Gen 2 smart modem my tcl tv can no longer see the network. The room has great wifi service. Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Tlc tv gen2 smart modem

Have you rest the wifi network settings in your TV? The IP address of the gateway is probably different (and the SSID definitely is).

It might also need to turn off band steering in the modem if your TV can only work on the 2.4GHz band. This will cause the modem to show separate 2.4 & 5GHz networks.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Have you rest the wifi network settings in your TV? The IP address of the gateway is probably different (and the SSID definitely is).

It might also need to turn off band steering in the modem if your TV can only work on the 2.4GHz band. This will cause the modem to show separate 2.4 & 5GHz networks.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Char8

Hi I will try this. I have seen others have had the same issue on here and couldn't find a answer. Have tried to reset the wifi network, even factory rest the tv.
Char8

Turned off the band steering now works fine. Thank you.
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update Char8 and glad this is working again for you Smiley Happy 

Let us know if you have any further questions with your services. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now