CrowdSupport®
bradgill
Level 2: Rookie

Top Up Data

Answered

Hi

I am on the "Cable Ultimate® Liberty - 200GB" plan & have almost used all my data for the month, however I think I still have 6 days left. Can I purchase an additional amount of data before it runs out? I don't want to my speed to drop down at all if I can avoid it (perhaps an extra 5GB or so would do it)?

Cheers

Brad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Top Up Data

Can I purchase an additional amount of data before it runs out?

No.

I don't want to my speed to drop down at all if I can avoid it (perhaps an extra 5GB or so would do it)?

Change your plan to get pro rata usage allowance to cover the remainder of the period. Even downgrading to the 50GB plan will do the trick, if you have 5 days remaining in the current bill period as of tomorrow, and request a plan change by self-service in My BigPond before 6PM AEST, since (5 - 1)31 will give you more than 10% of the new plan's included monthly usage allowance to cover the final 4 days.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Accepted Solution

Can I purchase an additional amount of data before it runs out?

No.

I don't want to my speed to drop down at all if I can avoid it (perhaps an extra 5GB or so would do it)?

Change your plan to get pro rata usage allowance to cover the remainder of the period. Even downgrading to the 50GB plan will do the trick, if you have 5 days remaining in the current bill period as of tomorrow, and request a plan change by self-service in My BigPond before 6PM AEST, since (5 - 1)31 will give you more than 10% of the new plan's included monthly usage allowance to cover the final 4 days.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
bradgill

Think I'll up my monthly data anyway - but thanks for the tip!
bradgill

Um, how do I change my monthly data limit? I tried thru "My Account", but it says:

"Access to this resource has been denied.

Sorry, but telstra.com customer are not permitted to access this Web Resource"

Do I have to phone up to do it?

Cheers

Brad

"Access to this resource has been denied.

Sorry, but telstra.com customer are not permitted to access this Web Resource"

Do I have to phone up to do it?

No. Just clear all cookies in your browser, restart it, go straight to bigpond.com (as opposed to telstra.com) to sign in to My BigPond using your broadband service's primary ‹username›@bigpond.com e-mail address.

——

Highlighted
bradgill

Thank you! Done :-)

It's a pity that the plan change request didn't get in before 6PM AEST, and so it most likely won't get actioned tonight shortly after midnight, but will have to wait another day – so be careful about your usage tomorrow if you don't want to risk your BigPond connection getting slowed. (Once the plan change takes effect, a slowed connection will return to full speed anyway.)

——

Jimboe737

Hello DRAT! The irony of your screen name isn't lost on me! I often say something like it when trying to make sense of Telstra's "system."
I found your post after trying to find an answer through Telstra's 'Help" function, time consuming and convoluted without providing a direct answer.
Without your advice in this post I would have said more than "drat" after an hour of "searching" for answers.
If you're associated with Telstra suggest their site contains the advice you provided in this case and their search engine links to that advice. Eg. Data slowed? or Top Up Data? "Upgrade plan to receive data at pro rata rate for remainder of Billing period."
I can't thank you enough!
Paulinelen
Level 1: Cadet

I have nearly used all my data for the month and would like a top up of data to see me through, how do I go about that.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paulinelen,

As someone will need to access your account to process a top up you will need to speak directly to Telstrra. You can do so just here and we'll be happy get this sorted out for you.

Cheers, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bron295

I want to know if it's possible to get any higher data allowance than 15 GB on 4G wifi. We are in a situation where our data is chewed up very quickly and there is no other option that Wifi where we live apparently.

I heard that you can 'top up' your allowance for free 3 times in a year. This would help somewhat but it is very frustrating when others can get 200 GB for their home internet and we can only get 15 GB. What can we do about it???

Level 18: Intelligence Chief

There's a 25 Gb plan, but you will have to call

http://www.google.com.au/url?q=https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-per...
#WinPhan

HTC Tytn II, HTC HD2, HTC DesireHTC Mozart, HTC HD7, HTC Titan 4G, HTC 8X, HTC One M7, Nokia Lumia 1020, 1320, 930, 830, 635, 530, Optus Lumia 950

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution
Citstat

I need a data top up on my personal computer
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Citstat,

Please call us on 132200 or Live Chat http://tel.st/d3gw so we can arrange a top up on your home broadband service. 

Another alternative is shown on link below:

Top-ups our new solution when you've exceeded your Fixed Broadband Data limit

Thanks.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jaxanddax

Thanks for advice and the link to go straight to chat for a free top up.    I just clicked the chat link, and within minutes got 100% free top up - I get 3 a year, so that's the first one.     I had searched the bigpond website and keyed in data top up, but couldn't find an answer on how to get it.   It would be easy for them to put a Q&A in help to say click CHAT to get your top up.     But I'm really happy they gave me so much free data as I still have 10 days to go before my rollover date

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now