Highlighted
Mizizzous
Level 1: Cadet

Top-Up Question/Help

Answered

Hi guys,

I have gone over my monthly home broadband cap of 50GB. I just read this article about Top-Ups can happen up to three times a year -http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/Top-ups-our-new-solution-when-you-ve-exceede...

I ring the number but i dont know what to ask the automated person for! Can someone help me accomplish this top up!? I really want to watch my Graduation on stream tonight!!!!! Smiley Sad

Thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Top-Up Question/Help

That's good to hear Miz, someone might have been looking over our shoulders here ... Smiley Wink

On the second point, I don't think it will show up as quick in your 'My Account' page, you just need to check and see from time to time.

Good luck with the grad tonight.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there, you have a problem I'm afraid because I wouldn't see the top up being in place for an event tonight. With all respect to Telstra and their staff, the wheels of progress just don't turn that quick with some things.

The contact number at that link is indeed the point you need to get in touch with. or contact the live chat team, they should be able to help https://livechat.telstra.com/

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Mizizzous

Thanks for the reply.

I got through, and spoke to a nice guy and he said it should be done in 15 minutes or so. It has been over 30 min now and nothing so yeah i guess ill temper my expectations Smiley Sad

Mizizzous

Just as i say that..it seems a bit quicker again!

Will i  be able to tell the top up has worked by checking my account usage balance or does it just happen without me knowing?

Accepted Solution

That's good to hear Miz, someone might have been looking over our shoulders here ... Smiley Wink

On the second point, I don't think it will show up as quick in your 'My Account' page, you just need to check and see from time to time.

Good luck with the grad tonight.

Sig 2

Ian_P

Hi there, I rang Telstra a few days ago for the same reason. I was told by the operator that I would need to turn my modem off so that it would be able to renew the data on the plan. I am just about to reach my limit by tomorrow and I will be interested to see if it works. Here is hoping.

Tim_Andre

Hi guys,

Top up is great. First time i did it a while back worked without a hitch. Last night I just topped up the second time and it did work, only the speed is slowed down. Not sure why.

Has anyone experienced this? Im thinking it has something to do with my being the second time topping up.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Tim

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Tim, 

Your speeds should be back to normal. This being your second top up should not change or alter the speeds that you were originally receiving. 

What type of broadband do you have at the moment? 

-Patrice 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more