CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
alexanwah
Level 2: Rookie

Tophat ADSL2 Ports already Full?

Answered

I am living in Harrisdale,WA

Early Dec 2012 a Telstra Personnel called to inform that ADSL 2 is (finally) available for my household (I am currently using mobile broadband connection for internet).

So we signed up (11th of Dec 2012) and gone through the provisioning process, we have allowed some extra time (understanding that it is EOY and Xmas Period) and today got informed that the ADSL 2 Port is full!

Is this means that the TopHat's additional ADSL 2 Ports rolled out have been full? (no way to tell this)

(FYI our neighbour right beside us which already has a modem got the ADSL 2 connection within 3 days).

My questions:

-Have I missed the boat for good and have to wait for NBN to have an ADSL speed?

-Is there any way to get notified when an ADSL 2 port goes vacant?

-I am very dissapointed on the fact that the port was not reserved when we have signed the contract resulting in customers that do not request Telstra-issued modem (faster provisioning time) to claim the spare ports first instead.

I can only hope someone within telstra to respond to this (hopefully with a workaround) as life is really hard without any decent internet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexanwah
Accepted Solution

Re: Tophat ADSL2 Ports already Full?

Has been resolved by chatting with a techie at Telstra 24/7 live chat, so simply ask about tophat ETA for your address and they should be able to give you a rough xx days until the particular Tophat being provisioned (rather than checking the TopHat Excel spread sheet).

good job Telstra =)

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
alexanwah
Accepted Solution

Re: Tophat ADSL2 Ports already Full?

Has been resolved by chatting with a techie at Telstra 24/7 live chat, so simply ask about tophat ETA for your address and they should be able to give you a rough xx days until the particular Tophat being provisioned (rather than checking the TopHat Excel spread sheet).

good job Telstra =)

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now