KitCat19
Level 2: Rookie

Trying to get a connection

Answered

Who do I have to speak to that understands that a technician is not the correct person to send.  In order to get Telstra connected I need someone to come and actually connect the line from the street to my house as the previous line was cut. It will require digging and manual labour! I have spoken to so many people including one call centre person who connected me to dial before you dig!  I am losing my patience. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Trying to get a connection

If the technicians are not able to pull through a new lead-in cable, a new trench may need to be dug. The only contact number that I can provide is 1800 810 443 which is a team that organise relocation of lead-in cables. While I understand that this is not the exact issue, they would be a good place to start. You can also refer to the following links: 

Arrange a lead-in

Lead-in trenching requirements

Another option that you might like to explore is to lodge a formal complaint via so that a case manager can be assigned to follow up on this for you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity

Where has the cut occurred? If it is between the boundary of the property and your house, then the trenching and laying of conduit is your responsibility. If it is the street side of the boundary, it is Telstra's job to organise the trenching.
As far as the cable goes, that is for Telstra to organise (either internally or via NBN Co).
It will require a technician's visit initially just to asses the cable so that the order can be placed.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KitCat19

2 separate technicians on 2 separate occasions have been out to the property and both of them have said the same thing

What did they say? If it was something that Telstra needed to do, then the technicians should have organised it for you.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KitCat19

A lot of head shaking, repeating the same thing over and over and the second one has told me telstra need to come out and dig a trench

The second one should have raised an order in the system for the trenching. I don't think you can organize it directly with the consultants.

@Shellock, may need you to jump in on this one.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

If the technicians are not able to pull through a new lead-in cable, a new trench may need to be dug. The only contact number that I can provide is 1800 810 443 which is a team that organise relocation of lead-in cables. While I understand that this is not the exact issue, they would be a good place to start. You can also refer to the following links: 

Arrange a lead-in

Lead-in trenching requirements

Another option that you might like to explore is to lodge a formal complaint via so that a case manager can be assigned to follow up on this for you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Representative
Level 3: Gumshoe

Kity are you rural by any chance?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now