Highlighted
Telmode
Level 1: Cadet

Turning off Interleaving

Answered

Hello all ;

Could someone let us know how could we change the interleaving settings as now Bigpond web page has been removed and nothing on Telstra's web page 

We used to go to bigpond web page which is now removed : Change your Line Profile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Turning off Interleaving

the mybigpond link in the set of instructions there just worked fine for me

Alternatively you can go to bigpond.com and log into myaccount that way

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Accepted Solution

the mybigpond link in the set of instructions there just worked fine for me

Alternatively you can go to bigpond.com and log into myaccount that way

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

Aussieroo51
Level 3: Gumshoe

I want to re-activate this question for 2017. Interleaving has had its name changed apparantly. I have just spent an hour being given the run around in the Phillipines. Firstly they had no idea what I was on about. Then no such thing etc etc. I persisted with the annoyance in  my tone ever rising as I became more and more frustrated. Got through to a "suprervisor" who tried to fob me off as well with "there is no such thing" argument. Then crawled out of it by saying it is now known as noise control!! after checking my long account history he could see that I have personally turned off interleaving manually on the Bigpond website some 20 times. Each one of those times some unknown person turns it back on again. I have now been "assured" it will be turned off but possibly not until Monday. Having many years experience I know about this setting but what about those who just put up with a "slow internet connecton" without knowing what is causing it. With over 2 years yet before NBN passes our place my connection is slow enough without having it further slowed by 30% It would be nice when phoning the only number made available to the public that routes us to the Phillipines, if we were not fobbed off as all being beginners with little or no knowledge and stonewalled in the hope that I will accept this slowing down. In my case it has nothing to do with "Noise" but more I dare say with saving BP bandwith. in 2017, this is unacceptable treatment especially for a long term loyal Telstra customer. 45 years loyalty should count for something.

Aussieroo51

I should add that the web page with the options has been removed and is listed as "Unavailable", at least for the last week.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Aussieroo51. 

If your service is on a hybrid exchange connection then the legacy line profile change may not be available. Technical support  on 133933 may have to log the issue to testers to have the interleaving settings or noise profile changed on the line. 

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Aussieroo51

I think it is an unnessecarilly long and frustrating process that is unfair to customers when it was so easy previously. I wonder how many will have the patience and insistance to bother going through the hassle to have it changed. I am happy to see I have my 30% or so speed returned to me this morning. Compared to NBN it is still disgracefully slow but a small victory none the less.

Billsmoth

Hi AlistairQWA,

I have been on the phone to Telstra support trying to find out these very things about my connection. I recently changed to the Frontier Gateway (2 days ago) but it seems my connection has slowed over the last month.

I had a really good sync at nearly 22 Mbps but its now dropping. Also my Output Power (Down) jumped up to 18.5 dBm and I can't seem to get any support to explain exactly what my connection is other than Hybrid. I'm sure something has changed. Can you help?

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Billsmoth,

The sync speed should not be slowly dropping down. I would suggest testing while only the modem and not other devices are connected to phone sockets.
If the speed is still not returning then tech support can look into lodging the fault to testers or a field tech to investigate the external line on 133933.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Billsmoth

Thanks AlistarQWA,

What I was referring to was how do we access this to check our profiles as per the below link?

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-To-Change-your-ADSL-Line-Profile/ta-p...

I was on a fast profile years ago but now the Level 2 support couldn't/wouldn't tell me. I spent about 3 hours with them doing all the tests plus a couple of days of monitoring but still just slower speeds. I wasnt a problem a month ago. Are we able to request to back to a fast profile?

Thanks,

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The initial consultant may have to log a fault to the testers team to action the request. This should be able to happen as long as the connection is not hybrid.

-AlistairQWA

Billsmoth

Thanks again AlistarQWA

My connection states "DHCP routed mode" and from what the Tech said it autosensed my phone number? which means it's a Hybrid connection... A friend had the similar issues and was told by Level 2 it should be on a PPPOE and connect via user name and password. The auto sense causes problems with drops outs etc.

I originally questioned the following below as well but was told it was normal. I could'nt understand such a short lease.

Lease obtained 2017-03-01 19:34:33
Lease expires 2017-03-01 23:34:33

My main question is are we still able to request a Fast Profile or ask what profile we are set to? 

Level 2 has closed the case as my line is stable and that's all they said they could do hence asking via the CrowdSupport.

Cheers,

hamzie
Level 2: Rookie

Is there someone competent here on the forums that can help turn off interleaving on my account?

The people on the phone have no clue and say theres no setting like that

getting frustrating.. spoken to 4 different people over 2 days and they all have no idea what interleaving means

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hamzie, 

I'd suggest not saying inerleaving. It's not a common used term for this. You want to change your ADSL line profile and I'm confident our support will understand this if the steps via this link do not work:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Broadband-nbn/How-To-Change-your-ADSL-Line-Profile/ta-p/11018...

@hamzie try telling bigpond tech support that you want to change from the standard noise profile to fast. Only their level 2 support would probably understand what non-interleaving is

@Iain_T that information is outdated and you cannot self serve change your line profiles anymore

hamzie
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for the reply

I called them again to say I want to change noise profiles and they say im already on the standard one, there is no fast one. The only other profile is for when i get constant disconnections.... 

Obviously thats not the case :/

My connection is still interleaved Smiley Sad(

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi hamzie, 

How do you know your line connection profile is on interleaved?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now