CrowdSupport®
mag0003
Level 2: Rookie

URGENT HELP PLEASE! HFC NBN dropout - case manager not contacting me!

Hi all, 

Original complaints number SR 1-2196241797615 and 

SR 1-2196464285891 (online) to actually get a response.  

Had HFC NBN connected 12/9 and activated last Friday 13/9 and was also sent out a LH1000 Arcadyan Gen 2 Modem.  

Since then have had several dropouts lasting 5 minutes each (up to 9 a day) mostly late evening to early morning when trying to use two xbox's wired for heavy online multiplayer game use.    All lights would stay on and green when this happened initially however later things have changed significantly where both boxes turn off and on.   

Contacted Telstra faults on the 17th September Gajanand 2:28am

and went through troubleshooting or turning off and on and checking cabling ...etc 

Explained that the dropouts had occurred at 

930pm, 11pm, 11:26pm, 11:30pm, 12:57pm, 1:14am, 3:30am, 5:42am and 5:52am

and that when I logged into the modem and checked the logs it said

"Wan: eth0 BFDv4 Supervision fails once".     He wouldn't even dignify me with an answer as to what that meant.  Was told we will put on a 24 monitoring test,  but they only did it for 12 hours I later found out. 

Contacted Telstra faults again on the 18th September Saineeraj 6pm and he did all his remote tests and said there was nothing wrong. 

Started an official complaint through live chat.  

Called up Telstra complaint Wednesday 18/9 and spoke to Abbie - 7pm 

She did all the remote tests and no evidence of dropouts were found.  Obviously this was getting quite stressful as I had to wait 24-48 hours for a case manager to be assigned.  

She hung up on me four times after I asked for a senior person with more technical knowledge be put on the phone so I could discuss possible packet loss, ports being blocked or any other networking issues as I've studied IT software and networking and wanted to help troubleshoot.    

Same night 18/9  I rang back Telstra complaints and was put onto a Lawrence 7:42pm who proceeded to get aggressive and speak loudly over the phone and try to cut me off when I insisted we needed to escalate this problem.    The modem at 7:42pm when I'm actually on the phone to Lawrence had a dropout and some of the lights went off. He said "are you really sure?" The front light went red and upon checking the back 

Online off…

Wan green ..

Mobile off ..

Phone red …. 

We went round and around and evidently I had to agree to a 24 hour monitoring test because he refused to assist me further.  Another dropout happened at 9:36pm.  

Today Friday 20/9 at 1:19pm the NBN box turned itself off and restarted itself and of course the Telstra modem front light went red and the phone line light went red.  This affected all our devices (iphones,watches, computers...etc) I called up Telstra complaints and spoke to John to find out why I hadn't heard from my case manager.  He had no answer but said he emailed her to call me as soon as possible.

I have already waited 24-48 hours and I haven't received a call from my case manager Shahari.

What is going on?!   Do I need this escalated to nbn or what?

Please telstra gods, can someone help me here?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
mag0003

Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE! HFC NBN dropout - case manager not contacting me!

modem info.pngdsl stats 1.pngnetwork info 1.pngnetwork info 2.png

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @mag0003,

I can understand your concern and apologise that your case manager hasn't been in touch with you about this yet. I can see that your complaint was raised on the 18th and that your case manager has only recently been assigned and will be investigating this further. Please allow 3-5 business days from the date you raised your complaint to hear from them. If you don't hear from them by next Wednesday please let us know and we can follow this up with them. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

angrycustomer8

report telstra to ombudsman... sooner the better ... at least you will get some response .... still PAINFUL and not yet resolved any of my problems which have gone on for weeks ... good luck 

Level 20: Director

Or if you aint on contract, then just change providers. Best move i have ever made!

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.
angrycustomer8

I need to divorce myself from Telstra but how do I do this ?

My blood pressure can’t take this anymore. Am writing this from hospital..... n ver had high blood pressure before in my life.... caused by this stress of NBN connection..... 6 wks of hell!

Is it wise to change providers before the connection is properly set up? Can another provider sort it out ? Or is it going to be complicated because Telstra have not resolved my issues. 

Please advise me if you can

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for contacting us about cancelling your nbn connection before it has been completed.

Have you been contacted by a team member to advise you why there has been a delay as well as been supplied a reference number starting with SR and if yes can you send it to me?

- Kathy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

angrycustomer8

To Hello Kathy

thanks for contacting me. My case managers are Kamini and then Anirudh.

As I am in hospital because of needing treatment for my high blood pressure because my body cannot cope w any more of this constant high level STRESS caused solely by Telstra., I do not have their 4 digit pin nos to give you. I have rung today again and tried to speak to the 2 Nd case manager only to be told he is no longer  my case manager .... because it has been escalated by TIO.... but he told me on Friday that he was the new case manager taking over from Kamini because of my complaint to Ombudsman... so what is going on there ? Who is it?

Then I was also told today that there are too many calls waiting ahead of me, so I can’t be put thru to him. I asked if I could email him to give him the important message that the booster I requested has arrived today and therefore I need the platinum technician to come tomorrow as requested last week. (I was offered Oct 2nd..... not acceptable to me.) But I was not allowed to have his email address.... Crystal said she would contact him on my behalf. I asked her to cAll me back to let me know what f she got my message to him. She called me back with a confusing new message saying that I have to wait 24 to 48 hrs before I would have any contact from anyone now because  of the new escalation....

WHAT IS SHE TALKING ABOUT ?????????

Is the Platinum technician coming tomorrow or not?

I cannot take another day off work waiting for Telstra technicians that do not turn up or when they do THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM? 

I want technician tomorrow.

PLEASE  organise that .

Support Team
Support Team

If you can send me the complaint reference number I will send the case manager a request to contact you, 

Just a heads up please do not send any account, phone numbers, personal or any other details via this contact method.

- Kathy

angrycustomer8

1-2166108769657 .....( or is that  the letter I at beginning)???

employee  ID.  D 794869

thanks 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reference number. 

A contact request has been sent to your case manager by a team member today.

angrycustomer8

WHAT IS GOING ON PLEASE???????

HAVE NOT HEARD one word back from anybody. Was on the phone last night for 10 mins and was told again no one is available and emails were sent to case manager again ........could someone please ring me back as promised.

the booster has arrived and i need a platinum technician to install it.NOW not Oct 2nd...... cannot wait that long .... i have been without internet  for far too long. i am paying for a service and not getting it!

this is an absolute disgrace an it is affecting my health

mag0003

Hi, it took 5 business days to get a phone call from a case manager who was different to the one originally quoted to be.  I believe going to the TIO was the only way to get a response as each Telstra person insinuated there was no problem. 

Interestingly today I have seen nbn and Telstra working in the pits of my street and right outside my units.  Guess I wasn’t making it all up! 

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you for this update. So this is being investigated, have you noticed any change to your service? 

- Ryan

Brisbear74

The same thing is happening to me and we are are not on the nbn as of yet at first they tried to tell me that it was because my modem wasn’t registered but they could not even tell me why then was it working previously since I got it which was last year.  It worked for about a week ok then the last week or so it constantly drops out starting in the evening into the night sometimes as much as every few min getting very pissed off.   I was told the last time I rang that it was a bug in the system .

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Brisbear74, thank you for your post.

I am sorry for these troubles, so this is on your ADSL connection?

- Ryan

mag0003

Hi Ryan, 

Could I have this thread deleted please? 

Modem was replaced yesterday.

Thanks

Brisbear74

No Cable connection our area is Currently close to being converted to FTTC 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Brisbear74,

Have you checked our Outages page for any confirmed reports of an interruption?  https://tel.st/wf32t

Hi Everyone,