Highlighted
Xoralis
Level 1: Cadet

Ultimate Cable Packet Loss

So i am using Bigpond Ultimate Cable and get packet loss when gaming. It is happening more frequently than ever. It will just drop out.

Looking on the forums here it seems it's a wide spread issue, so my quesiton is what can be done to fix it if anything?

I haven't called BP yet but i am well aware of the process SO does anyone know if this is something that CAN be fixed or am i better off fighting my contract and going back to Optus?

Would love to hear other peoples experiences in this matter to see what my prospects are like.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Ultimate Cable Packet Loss

Hi Xoralis,

I can only guarantee that if you don’t report a fault with your network, that the difficulties will continue and that you will pay Early Termination Charges to break the contract.

You can check the Telstra Service Status page for any known issues in your area.

My recommendation is that you contact our Tech Support team on 133 933 or via Live Chat where they will discuss basic troubleshooting and can organise a technician to attend to investigate this further for you.

The attending technician will either resolve the issue, escalate the issue to the network team for further investigation. With something as inconsistent as packet loss, it may take several visits before the issue is resolved, so please keep reporting so that we can keep investigating.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now