Billie3
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to access a certain secured website

Hi,

I'm using Tesltra ADSL connection for quite sometime then few days ago I cannot access a certain website https://www.zoho.com/ . Tried assigning google DNS, flush the DNS but still doesn't work. I can ping the website and trace route shows complete. This website works when I use my mobile broadband in my computer. I also used my modem in my friend's house with Optus DSL connection and I am able to access that website through my modem. 

Please advise what to do. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unable to access a certain secured website

Strange. Is this still happening? Have you identified any other sites similarly affected? What error code do you get when you try, if any? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Billie3
Level 1: Cadet

Yes it's still happening. I am unable to access some secured websites as well like ANZ, Commbank and NAB. Error Message: There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
I clicked on Continue to this website (not recommended). Then it shows Internet Explorer cannot display the web page. This happens to all the laptops and mobile phones connected to my modem. When I disable the wifi and use my mobile data in my mobile phone, everything works fine. So the problem lies with your Internet connection. Please advise how to fix this. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Billie3

Thanks for that information and sorry that you are still experiencing issues. To confirm, have you tried moving away from Internet Explorer to another browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox? 

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented

@Billie3 wrote:

Hi,

I'm using Tesltra ADSL connection for quite sometime then few days ago I cannot access a certain website https://www.zoho.com/ . Tried assigning google DNS, flush the DNS but still doesn't work. I can ping the website and trace route shows complete. This website works when I use my mobile broadband in my computer. I also used my modem in my friend's house with Optus DSL connection and I am able to access that website through my modem. 

Please advise what to do. 

@Billie3 I've noticed a few DNS issues lately myself.

The first thing I would try is to clear your cookies/Temp files using a free program like CCleaner or Glary Utilities.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

The site you mention works OK on my Telstra NBN...

Security certificates issues arise when you are using outdate operating systems - Windows 7, older versions of Android devices etc. This due to outdated root certificates and it is sometimes extremely difficult to fix, sometimes even impossible to fix if the devices is too old. Can you provide some details about devices that have the issue?

First of all, get away from Internet Explorer - try Chrome or Firefox... But also stay away from suggested cleaners... They can often do more harm than use...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

@Billie3 You can clean your cookies/Temp files from within the browser manually if you want.

But I totally reject @ForensicsGuru comments about staying away from my suggested cleaners.

In any case, as with all computers, backing up is essential on a continuing bases.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now