Highlighted
CBWTIS
Level 3: Gumshoe

Unable to connect to Telstra but driect me to iinet login page

Answered
I am on Telstra NBN Service. But when I back home try to connect to internet via WiFi, I was not able to do so. By manually choose my WiFi, I was re-direct to an login page of ‘ iinet ‘ . I do troble shooting but was told everything is good. I don’t know why I was asking for IINET login details… I have took a video of this, hope someone can explain and help me to connect to the internet ASAP.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to connect to Telstra but driect me to iinet login page

From your video you are being redirected to the iinet toolbox. This only occurs if you are connected to iinet broadband service and the modem being a Telstra modem instead of a iinet modem can not authenticate the connection with the iinet server.

NBN Co have connected your NBN link to the iinet network instead of the Telstra network.

If you have FTTN/B connection NBN Co have either connected your to wrong port in the Node or applied the wrong Network codes on the port.

If FTTC NBN have either connected you to the wrong port on the mini Node or applied wrong network codes.

For all NBN connection types NBN has applied the wrong Network codes.

Only NBN can fix this problem but you have to go through Telstra support 1800 834 273

iinet_toolbox.jpg

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Level 22: Superhuman

When connected to wifi are you able to go to google and search for things, say pineapple for example or are you stick on the iinet page?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

CBWTIS

No, I used a laptop to connect with the modern and when typed google, it direct me to IINET again.

Telstra modem shouldn't do that. What happens when you connect the laptop to the modem via an Ethernet cable and try and go to google?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

CBWTIS

Thanks for your message, my laptop is connected via Ethernet cable, after typing www.google.com and press the enter key, the page direct to iinet as well. After several attempts, it says: this site can’t be reached!

Are you using an iinet modem or Testra modem?

CBWTIS

Telstra smart modem, I don’t have any account with IINET

Okay, I'd recommend factory reseting the smart modem by holding the reset button down for 10 seconds with a paper clip, its on the front near the power light. Allow 5-10 minutes for it to reconnect. If that doesn't stop the iinet page coming up, I'd recommend calling 1800 834 273 to confirm your internet service is with Telstra. Just to confirm are all devices affected?

CBWTIS

Thank you. I have called the service team and modem was reset when calling. I have been with Telstra broadband for 4 years, not sure why IINET account was taken place of the service. Obviously all devices at home are effected.

It looks like NBN Co have put in the wrong codes and connected you to Iinet instead of Telstra. Ring Telstra support and explain what is happening,

CBWTIS

Thanks for your advise. Telstra support have made several calls to me to check, but still not fix. I was told someone will call back and I am still waiting to call back. Hope Telstra will get this fixed ASAP.
CBWTIS

(view in My Videos)
So many calls made to NBN, Telstra & Iinet. no one can found the problems and explained why i was connect to IINET instead of Telstra.  Anyone can help?
(view in My Videos)

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Telstra will need to put a request through to NBN Co to get it rectified.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CBWTIS

hello cf4,
Thanks for your point. i have made so many calls to NBN, Telstra & Iinet. the problem still not being idetified by Telstra technical support at this stage.

Found myself is not the only customer meet the same problem, there was an same issue posted 3 weeks ago. https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Can-t-access-internet/td-p/777757

I believe Telstra support will have the experience to solve the problems. would you be able to tell which party will get this fix for me?
CBWTIS

I called Technical support yesterday to request them to lodge incident with NBN Co. however, it only been lodged this morning when I called again to request the incident number. NBN Co told me this incident has been replied in an hour already. I am still await the technical support to call back and get it fixed.
Accepted Solution

From your video you are being redirected to the iinet toolbox. This only occurs if you are connected to iinet broadband service and the modem being a Telstra modem instead of a iinet modem can not authenticate the connection with the iinet server.

NBN Co have connected your NBN link to the iinet network instead of the Telstra network.

If you have FTTN/B connection NBN Co have either connected your to wrong port in the Node or applied the wrong Network codes on the port.

If FTTC NBN have either connected you to the wrong port on the mini Node or applied wrong network codes.

For all NBN connection types NBN has applied the wrong Network codes.

Only NBN can fix this problem but you have to go through Telstra support 1800 834 273

iinet_toolbox.jpg

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now