Highlighted
Nevsrev
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to connect to wifi.

Answered

I have no wifi signal being recognised by my computer to the NBN Telstra modem. It was working this morning.

I have done the troubleshooting process, and have been on hold for 40 minutes.

It connects via ethernet connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to connect to wifi.

If its only the computer that can't connect to WiFi it could be a faulty WiFi adapter in the PC. You could try reinstalling the WiFi adapters driver in Device Manager.

If other devices can't connect to modems WiFi could be the WiFi has turned off in the modem. You could try pressing WiFi button to turn WiFi back on. If that doesn't work try resetting the modem by pressing reset button using a bent paper clip or similar device for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Modem should reboot resetting everything to factory defaults.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to connect to wifi.

If its only the computer that can't connect to WiFi it could be a faulty WiFi adapter in the PC. You could try reinstalling the WiFi adapters driver in Device Manager.

If other devices can't connect to modems WiFi could be the WiFi has turned off in the modem. You could try pressing WiFi button to turn WiFi back on. If that doesn't work try resetting the modem by pressing reset button using a bent paper clip or similar device for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Modem should reboot resetting everything to factory defaults.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now