CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrade to NBN Unlimited plan

I recently upgraded to the unlimited NBN plan which online summary indicated indicated Gen 2 Router with 4G backup was included however the CIS received from Telstra made no mention of this. Is the Gen2 modem only included for new customers or should I expect to receive one from Telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Upgrade to NBN Unlimited plan

Generally new customers or customers that don't already have a Smart Modem.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Thanks for the response, I only have the standard NBN modem supplied when I originally switched to the NBN. I am assuming that this is not smart modem and therefore should be receiving a new modem. Is there a way of checking without sitting in a call centre queue for a hour or so?
Highlighted

I should add I have FTN
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

You will have to ring support or use the online chat https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing but from my on and others experience changing plans does not entitle you to an new modem if you already have a NBN compatible modem.

The plans do that under what is included

Telstra Smart Modem™ Gen 2 With 4G mobile network backup to help you stay connected. Included in the monthly price for new Telstra customers who stay connected for 24 months

https://www.telstra.com.au/internet

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit