roble0
Level 2: Rookie

Upgrading from Gen1 Smart Modem to Gen 2 Smart Modem

In a week's time, we will be changing over to the nbn which will, amongst other things, require that our current Gen 1 Smart Modem (DJA0230) be replaced a new Gen 2 Smart Modem (DJA0231). I plan to change the Gen 2's WiFi SSID and password to the same as the Gen 1's SSID and password (as suggested in the setup guide).

The Gen 1 currently has a Telstra Smart WiFi Booster network attached via one of its Ethernet ports.

Question is, can I be plug the Telstra Smart WiFi Booster network (with its own SSID and password) straight into one of the Gen 2's Ethernet ports and expect it to continue to operate seamlessly?

If not, what steps will in need to take to get the booster network up and running (which was a painful process originally requiring online help from Telstra)?

Rob

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Upgrading from Gen1 Smart Modem to Gen 2 Smart Modem

Theoretically you should be able to just plug the booster into a LAN port on the new modem and it should work without having to reconfigure.

You don't need to change to the Smart modem Gen 2 to transfer to NBN the Gen 1 Smart modem is NBN compatible.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now