CrowdSupport®
Chadawon
Level 2: Rookie

Upload Speeds

Answered
Upload speed on my NBN FTTC connection is very slow.

Telstra's website states
On Telstra $90 Unlimited Internet Plan (my plan) that typical evening speeds should be:
Download 40Mbps
Upload 15Mbps

No issues with download speeds but my current upload speed is 0.24Mbps.

Troubleshooting:
- Reset FTTC connection device
- Reset router (Fritzbox 7490)
- Updated router firmware

Telstra agent advised they cannot perform a speed test without using their Telstra smart modem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chadawon
Accepted Solution

Re: Upload Speeds

Thanks for the reply. I have resolved the issue by updating the firmware on my Fritzbox and also changing the Data Throughput values under Connection Settings (Internet > Account Information for anyone also using the Fritzbox web interface): Downstream 40000kbit/s; Upstream 15000kbit/s.
Speedtest results:
PING ms 6
DOWNLOAD Mbps 47.17
UPLOAD Mbps 14.63

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman

If you plug a laptop or computer into the NCD, thus removing your fritzbox and only having a computer connected and still getting a terrible upload call back and they should be able to raise a fault.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

RAE1

I also are on the  Telstra $90 Unlimited Internet Plan which states a typical  minimum evening Download speed of 40Mbps

My current NBN Download speed is 12.2 to 13.1

I would like this repaired to the speeds I am paying for please.

Hey @RAE1, id reconmend calling 1800 834 273 or use the live chat link in my signature below to start a chat with Telstras NBN faults team about your speed issue.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Chadawon
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the reply. I have resolved the issue by updating the firmware on my Fritzbox and also changing the Data Throughput values under Connection Settings (Internet > Account Information for anyone also using the Fritzbox web interface): Downstream 40000kbit/s; Upstream 15000kbit/s.
Speedtest results:
PING ms 6
DOWNLOAD Mbps 47.17
UPLOAD Mbps 14.63

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now