CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
dmsluma
Level 1: Cadet

Velocity Technician Activation

Answered

Hi All,

A technician was supposed to come out and activate my home velocity service but has failed to come twice. I was wondering if it's possible to be able to do the 15-minute job the technician promised myself as it is an administrative software-related task. All on-site cabling to the NTD has been complete including the green fiber cable and all. I have a background in IT and am assuming all the tech needs to do is log in to an administrative portal and activate the velocity service. Currently, the WAN has no lights and the port for my house is down in the modem logs despite all cabling in place.

Is there a PDF or anything that is given to Telstra Velocity Technicians on how to activate Velocity services? The tech previously said he would do it if he remembered how-to on these services he only knew how to do it on the NBN.

Surely there's an employee document on how to do it.. I'm willing and able.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Velocity Technician Activation

Hi dmsluma, 

I can understand the frustration with your missed appointment and delays and sorry for this. You won't be able to arrange this work needed though. These are licenced Telstra technicians who would be liable for the work done. It would be best to contact our Velocity team to have a new appointment booked in ASAP. They can be reached on 1800 008 994. 

Let us know if you have any further issues though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Velocity Technician Activation

Hi dmsluma, 

I can understand the frustration with your missed appointment and delays and sorry for this. You won't be able to arrange this work needed though. These are licenced Telstra technicians who would be liable for the work done. It would be best to contact our Velocity team to have a new appointment booked in ASAP. They can be reached on 1800 008 994. 

Let us know if you have any further issues though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now