CrowdSupport®
einrebell
Level 2: Rookie

Velocity exchange upgrades

Answered

Can anyone shed a light on when velocity exchange upgrades are likely to be completed by? I've seen threads on here from last year suggesting they should have been completed by around this time but velocity support team seems to have no idea on when it is likely to be completed.

I can't see how telstra can justify charging premium cost for speeds that are far lower than most nbn connections, even after upgrades we will only get 5mbps uploads which is ridiculous compared to what other options are available out there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Velocity exchange upgrades

Hey @einrebell and @MauriceG the speed boost (100/5) is now available for some customers (Depending on the exchange you connect to) for $20 per month. You'll need to call up and ask to see if its available for you.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
MauriceG
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry, I can’t answer your question.

I would also like to know what’s happening with the upgrades? I’m stuck on a 30/1 plan with no option to include speed boost. 

Exetel offer 100/5 Velocity plans so I really don’t understand why Telstra can’t offer the same on their own network. 

einrebell
Level 2: Rookie

Yes I've seen those plans with Exetel too, I'm not sure how they can offer it when Telstra can't at this stage. Also 100/5 unlimited plan with Exetel is around $140/month far more than NBN plans which are reasonably less and you get far better upload speeds.

Accepted Solution

Hey @einrebell and @MauriceG the speed boost (100/5) is now available for some customers (Depending on the exchange you connect to) for $20 per month. You'll need to call up and ask to see if its available for you.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

View solution in original post

@tom1970 @JimmyG138 @ScottBateman @xapsu May also been interested to know

MauriceG

@343GuiltySpark wrote:

I just called the smart community number and they are telling me there is still a sales lock on speed boost for all velocity customers. May I ask where you got this information?

Highlighted

Part of my role involves working in Velocity Tech Support and some but not all exchanges now have enough bandwidth to allow speed boosts again for customers. I'd recommend ringing the number again and going through to tech support.

MauriceG

@343GuiltySpark wrote:
Part of my role involves working in Velocity Tech Support and some but not all exchanges now have enough bandwidth to allow speed boosts again for customers. I'd recommend ringing the number again and going through to tech support.

Thanks, I’ll try tech support this time

WhySlowUpload

I have just been told there is a hold on the sale of speed boosts again, unbelievably disappointed!

Even the most basic of tasks such as syncing to a cloud service or uploading a video

regularly times out with this woeful speed currently. 

Such a poor network and customer experience, I'd be embarrassed to be associated with such a poor product if I was a company.  I guess Telstra has no pride or concern for their customers.

[FYI, yes I have rate limited applications, and use QOS for what it is worth]

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now