CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Trioxinol
Level 2: Rookie

Very slow ADSL2+ speed

Answered

My internet speed has dropped from around 14,000 to ,5,000 and all since the NBN crowd have been out the front of my house digging to prepare for NBN connection. I know it is caused by the digging work , but trying to convince Telstra  is difficult, as the operators follow a diagnosis script and try to steer my complaint in the direction of a fault at my end and will just not listen to reason.

Any suggestions how to escalate this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Very slow ADSL2+ speed

You would need to request a technician to come out (they will then tell you that it will cost you if the fault is found to be with your euipment/internal wiring). They should then place an order with NBN Co (who now own the infrastructure in the area) who will send someone out (timeframes could be an issue as you are in a rollout area) to assess and fix the fault (which is probably a joint in a pit that has been compromised by the excavations).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

You would need to request a technician to come out (they will then tell you that it will cost you if the fault is found to be with your euipment/internal wiring). They should then place an order with NBN Co (who now own the infrastructure in the area) who will send someone out (timeframes could be an issue as you are in a rollout area) to assess and fix the fault (which is probably a joint in a pit that has been compromised by the excavations).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Trioxinol
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for your input Jupiter. I had to spend another hour on the phone , going over the same things , and turning the modem off and on etc just to satisfy the agent going through their script, but I kept repeating that the cable has been compromised and I need a tech to look at it, and finally I have a tech booked in a few days time. Thanks again.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now