Highlighted
Jandas
Level 1: Cadet

Very slow internet connection

Answered

I am in the Ingle Farm area. Since 4th June when Telstra were doing some cabling work in our area, my internet connection has been terrible. Have used Telstra broadband assistant which tells me I have problems with my connection, so I run the repair option. It tells me everything is now ok and I am reconnected. But there is no difference. When I run troubleshoot problems through my network and sharing centre, it tells me 'dns server not responding' I am on cable and my wife acesses my router via wifi. Both computers are having the same problem. Have done all the usual things, restart router, flush dns cache, etc etc.

Can anyone help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Megan8
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Very slow internet connection

Hi Jandas, I would recommend calling 13 22 00 and speaking with tech support. It sounds like there is something going on that Telstra needs to look into further and they may have to organise a technician to come out. Sometimes a hard reset of the modem can help with cable internet too, tech support can talk you through that. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you Smiley Happy

Megan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Megan8
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Hi Jandas, I would recommend calling 13 22 00 and speaking with tech support. It sounds like there is something going on that Telstra needs to look into further and they may have to organise a technician to come out. Sometimes a hard reset of the modem can help with cable internet too, tech support can talk you through that. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you Smiley Happy

Megan

WowMmm

My internet is very slow as well.

Can someone share if my speed is standard for Sydney area, ADSL2+, single computer connected, telstra.

2. Speed I am getting (thorugh Speedtest.net) ave are-

a. Ping 32ms,

b. Download speed between 2.5mbps - 3.8mbps

c. Uploads speed betw 0,56mbps - 0.6mbps

I am still using 2wire 2701 HGV-W modem. Is this ADSL2+ compatible modem? can my modem be a problem?

When I started with Telstra, speed wasn't a problem, only happen in last 2 years, Telstra connot help.

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey WowMmm,

Unfortunately there isn't a 'standard' for ADSL. ADSL can differ greatly due to distance and line quality. Your results might be dramatically different than someone a few streets away.

If you feel that your service has gotten slower or less reliable over the past few years then it could be a deteriorating fault which we can look into. Were we unable to assist when you called? Was any indication given as to why this is happening?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Cr6z3d

My internet is very, very slow at the moment. Last month, i nearly hit my download cap, so i used one of my top-ups. At the end of that cycle (account month) at 25 June 2017, I started my new month and my speed has been about 1.5mbit at best. I usually get a crap speed of 4.8mbits. It is definately telstras end. I am sick of paying for adsl2 and getting just over half adsl1 speeds. What would be nice is being able to pay for ADSL1. At least i wouldn't be wasting my money on a service that telstra can't provide. Premium price, no service.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now