CrowdSupport®
Pixie15
Level 3: Gumshoe

Voice calls no longer connecting - T-Hub 2 on NBN

Answered

I have been trying to finalise the set-up wizard on the T-Hub 2 I have with an NBN service since it was installed in January 2013.

The main reason it would go past the voicemail section was because it required an email address I didn't even know I had with Telstra unitl I read another post on Crowd Support. I tried it and it sort of worked.  I say sort of because even though the tablet would dial and connect with the voicemail number, there was no sound on the tablet.

After applying the 6 digit code it requested via one of the the handsets (which I could hear sound through) the tablet requested to perform an update.  Since then I have not been able to get voice calls to connect.  Dialling out shows the number connects but no sound, and calling the home number from my mobile I hear it ring and then after about 9 rings it goes to voicemail, but the T-Hub handsets or the tablet do not make a sound at all.

I have tried powering down the complete system and giving it 10 minutes before rebooting but still nothing.

Is it just me or is there a problem that is beyond my walls??

The NBN has been good apart from the fact that no one at Telstra has any idea how it actually works and after talking to 12 different people back in January who promised that my orignal issue had been escalated and escalated again (so much so I think it's gone all the way to the moon) I still never recieved a call back saying that they could help me.

All that I have learnt from the NBN & T-Hub I've taught myself through trial & error, but obviously the errors keep happening.

Can anyone suggest another option apart from ripping the T-Gateway off the wall?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pixie15
Accepted Solution

Re: Voice calls no longer connecting - T-Hub 2 on NBN

Finally got to talk to someone who knew how to help.

I had to press the DECT button on the back of the T-Gateway and re-register the handsets individually.  I have a dial tone and I can even talk via the tablet.

Now I can see the 24 missed calls that I've had since Saturday.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Pixie15

More information:-

Connecting to the internet successfully.

T-Gateway LEDs are all lit, double checked that cables are in the correct ports, T-Hub base station LED's are lit.

Handsets and table look like they are dialling but there is no dial tone and despite the call time ticking over there is no connection for outbound calls. 

All handsets are connected.

System version 4.0.4_3.30

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi there Pixie15

Can you walk me through on how you've connected the phone line? Through the base station? or through the T-Gateway? 

Cheers

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Pixie15

Hi Jon

I think the best solution to answer you question would be to supply photos.

IMG_0674-2.jpg

IMG_0675-2.jpg

IMG_0676-2.jpg

IMG_0677-2.jpg

IMG_0678-2.jpg

IMG_0679-2.jpg

IMG_0680-2.jpg

IMG_0681-2.jpg

photo-2.jpg

The photos follow the connection from NBN entry to handset.

The connections are the same way that the technician installed the system.  The phone did work until I performed the software update.  

If you are able to assist in anyway it would be terrific.

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Where does this phone line lead to? 

medium.jpg

and are these both Ethernet ports? or is that a phone cable (grey) leading into the back of the T-hub's handset cradle/base

ethernet ports.jpg

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I've had to read up on how the T-gateway connects via your nbn service for data/internet. The is what I've found so far.

NBN configuration: T-Hub 2 & T-Gateway

• NBN connections use an NTD (Network Termination Device) installed at the premises.
  • The T-Gateway plugs into the NTD to connect to the NBN network.
  • Pictured is a typical NTD for NBN connections.
On the NTD:
  • Plug Ethernet line into one of the UNI-D ports.  
  • A separate phone line is not required – calls are transmitted over the NBN data network. 

v2thub_tig_nbn_1.jpg

So it looks like your setup is very similar to the above, might be easier to ring the help desk to check the voice of data settings/cabling setup on NBN Helpdesk:1800 TFIBRE (option 3) or 1800 008 994

Let us know how you go though,

Jon

Pixie15

Thanks Jon

The phone & data point plates show where they enter into the wall cavity in the garage(the cables then run through the roof) out to another phone & data point plate in another room which is then connected to the base station.

I'd love to be able to call 1800 TFIBRE but you CANNOT call a 1800 number on a mobile, and as I do not get a dial tone I CANNOT ring from the home phone.  

As you can see in my photos, the cable IS connected to the UNI-D1.  the phone cable is only from the gateway to the wall, through the roof and out the wall in the other room and connected to the base station.

I said the cabling is exactly the same as how the technician installed them and at the time it all worked. but after the software update I get nothing.

Again I stand by my orginal comments that no one at Telstra really understands how the NBN works with their hardware.  VERY VERY VERY frustrating.

Can someone please contact me on my mobile?  Am I able to email you or someone directly to provide my account and contact details?

Or is there a number that I can call from a mobile?

Pixie15

Sorry I can call the number from my mobile - & just about fell off my chair

Pixie15

Well I've now been on my mobile for over an hour, tried a reset of the base station, gateway and the call is being escalated again, along with no resolution.

I think I should just give the T-Hub & home phone the T-BOOT out the door.

Pixie15
Accepted Solution

Finally got to talk to someone who knew how to help.

I had to press the DECT button on the back of the T-Gateway and re-register the handsets individually.  I have a dial tone and I can even talk via the tablet.

Now I can see the 24 missed calls that I've had since Saturday.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
bushmum
Level 1: Cadet

thanks for the info about the DECT button which i didnt even know it existed havent been able to make or recieve calls even though the internet was working i knew it had to come from the t-hub after 3 attempts to speak to someone with telstra and 2hrs later !!!!!! just what i needed on a friday night .i pressed it and you little beauty my phone works.cheers

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Bushmum

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

That's absolutely fantastic news, to hear. Thanks for letting us know. 

It's amazing what you learn online, 

-   Lindy Smiley Happy 

JuliaB1
Level 1: Cadet

Our t hub was fine after the NBN was connected until we had heavy rain and storms, (coincidence or cause, don't know) then callers in could hear us clearly but we heard them through a static fuzz. Foolishly I rang Telstra for help. Lovely man Edgar Allen checked everything he could about connections and finlly agreed we needed a techy to come to the house. He came, took the hand set for the t-hub off the base so we just had the recharge cradle and told us all wuld be fine. IT's NOT!! and we have gone thrugh all the forums and the install and and and.... in finitum. Now we only have mobile access, the T-hub tablet won't connect to the DECT, the handset will ring our own mobiles but is silent for all other in or out calls. The bin or the door looks like a good option for a system which was always clunky/awkward but had some merits. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit