Highlighted
TasNBNuser
Level 3: Gumshoe

Voice service over NBN failed

Answered

Connected to NBN with Telstra T-Bundle® Extend 200GB. Installation of T-Gateway (Technicolor TG797n v3) and T-Hub-2 Handset completed on March 21st. All well till March 28th when phone service ceased working. Voice LED indicator on T-Gateway no longer illuminated and "Line in use" message on T-Hub-2 when trying to make call.

Tried resetting the NBN NTU and the T-Gateway (power down / power up for 5 minutes) without success. 

Had appointment for tech to make home visit yesterday. Failed to turn up. Trying to organise new appointment.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TasNBNuser
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Voice service over NBN failed

Thanks.

Went into local Telstra NBN shop in South Hobart this morning and got them to ring up suggesting the problem may have been as you describled. Got a call back on my mobile 30 minutes later to reset my NTU and Gateway again with success. Phone is working once more.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Tas,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

It's likely an issue with the changeover from copper to IP voice on Telstra's end, I would strongly reccomend having another chat to Telstra's NBN Tech Support on 1800 TFIBRE. Try calling before 2pm or after 10.30pm EST they have considerable call waits at the moment between those times.

Lathania

Accepted Solution

Thanks.

Went into local Telstra NBN shop in South Hobart this morning and got them to ring up suggesting the problem may have been as you describled. Got a call back on my mobile 30 minutes later to reset my NTU and Gateway again with success. Phone is working once more.

Level 22: Superhuman

Great TasNBNUser,

Kudos for letting us know.

Can you mark your query as solved, as this may help others who have a similar problem in future.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more