CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
dilzen
Level 1: Cadet

WAN connection down constantly - Cable

Answered

Hi,

I got my Telstra Cable service in July and every since I have gotten it, randomly the WAN connection will go down. At the start this happened maybe once every two weeks, but recently its like clock-work and happens every morning or night.

I called the Telstra service team and they always say to take the Coax cable out for 30 seconds and put it back in. This does help and keeps the Interent going for a day but then the next morning the WAN is down again.

The WAN light on the modem blinks and then after a few seconds the down connection light goes off and the up connnection starts blinking and vice versa - but always when this happens the WAN light blinks. 

My modem is the Telsta Gateway Max

Does anyone have any solutions/or has gone through the same thing?

I always check outages in my area when this happens but there never is one. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: WAN connection down constantly - Cable

Hi dilzen,

Do you have a Foxtel service and splitter?

I would suggest disconnecting each coaxial cable connector and reconnecting it as this helps to clean the connectors. If the problem persists, then please contact Tech Support on 133 933 so that they can continue to investigate this for you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dilzen, 

I'll pass this to our technical support crowd support team and they should get back shortly. 

You may wish to contact us so we can look into the modem settings being saved and if this is affecting your connection currently. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi dilzen,

Do you have a Foxtel service and splitter?

I would suggest disconnecting each coaxial cable connector and reconnecting it as this helps to clean the connectors. If the problem persists, then please contact Tech Support on 133 933 so that they can continue to investigate this for you.

- Shelly

View solution in original post

dilzen

Hi, 

I don't have a Foxtel service so I do not have splitters.

To fix the solution, I do disconnect the Coax cable and put it in again which seems to do the trick for a day or so but it happens the next day. I will probably call up the Tech Support team and check the issue. Thank you for the help!

iPhoneUser
Level 2: Rookie

Having problems too, they say there is a upgrade in melbourne can someone verify this? 

wom

i had it again this evening, said maintenance in Mullaloo till 6, was after 6 fault occured. only get red led on modem, also have foxtel that works fine. Had to unplug power several times recently, even 2+ times in 1 day, had it since May, never as fast as i hoped for.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now