KW92
Level 1: Cadet

WIFI Connection But No Internet ADSL

Hey guys, hoping someone can help! We have had no internet for three days now and Telstra still hasn’t rung back despite their “24hr call back promise”. All devices are showing the wifi symbol but nothing is loading, Smart TV, iPhone etc. Lights on the Modem are: Wifi - Solid Green, Signal - Orange, Link - Solid Green and Online- Solid Green, no light on Phone due to it not being connected on or with a phone. Any suggestions please, I need to submit my now overdue work ASAP.
When I go to the IP addresss of our Modem it’s saying that there is a connection???? But definitely no internet is coming through on any device. I have tried restarting and refreshing both modem and all devices. “Forgotten Network” on all devices and repaired with the Modem and still no internet 🤦🏽‍♀️

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Re: WIFI Connection But No Internet ADSL

Have you tried a factory reset of modem? To factory reset modem press reset button using bent paper clip or similar device for about 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Reset button is located below power button on original smart modem and next to second LAN port on GEN 2 modems. Modem will reboot resetting everything to factory defaults. You might have to log into modem and enter your bigpond username and password in the Basic > Broadband > PPPOE settings.

If that doesn’t work try setting a custom DNS on one of your devices (example 8.8.8.8) and turn of LAN IPv6 (Advanced > Local Network)

Technical Support
Technical Support

Re: WIFI Connection But No Internet ADSL

If the factory default that cf4 doesn't resolve this issue, I would suggest testing if devices connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable work, but just not the Wi-Fi devices. If this is only affecting Wi-Fi issues, I would suggest accessing the modem interface and within Wi-Fi, disable band-steering as well as the IPv6 under  Advanced > Local Network.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more