Highlighted
KirstieHobbs
Level 2: Rookie

WIFI Connection Problem

Answered
We recently switched our Internet to telstra and every devise in our home can access our wifi connection except my laptop and mac.

My laptop indicates that it has a strong signal for our network, however when I complete the process to set up the wifi it states that the configuration failed. I have tried to access the net using the Ethernet cable, however it doesn't connect to the Internet.

My mac can sporadically access the wifi however it has a very weak signal which drops out and needs to be reconnected regularly.

These machines are located side by side and previously had no problem accessing wifi with our previous provider. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I go to the expense of purchasing a new computer.

Thanks in advance,

Kirstie
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KirstieHobbs
Accepted Solution

Re: WIFI Connection Problem

I am pleased to advise that I now have wifi operating on my laptop - Changed the manager of the wireless adapter from Intel to Windows and it logged in straight away.

The Mac still receives a low signal by comparison to other devises. 

Thanks again,

Kirstie

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
KirstieHobbs
Accepted Solution

I am pleased to advise that I now have wifi operating on my laptop - Changed the manager of the wireless adapter from Intel to Windows and it logged in straight away.

The Mac still receives a low signal by comparison to other devises. 

Thanks again,

Kirstie

Level 23: Superhero

So I take it that you're using the telstra supplied modem/router? Can you not just setup your old one with your login details?

Cheers,
Dave

KirstieHobbs

I am Dave... I thought it would have been that simple - it was with our other Laptops, iPads, etc. I am surprised by the reduced signal received by my mac, the signal was stronger and more dependable with our previous modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now