CrowdSupport®
cazzah
Level 2: Rookie

Waiting for NBN FTTC and Telstra connection 4 months

In June I signed up and promptly received Smart Modem and NBN box. Ever since then I have had numerous phonecalls to Telstra and NBN regarding my new account. At first it began with order pending so I wait and wait started contacting them re: when it would be connected in full. Technical glitch after technical glitch and then order cancelled and re-issued a couple of times apparently.In the past 2 weeks I have been assured of results within 24 hrs.... then 48 hrs ....and now the latest is within a week or so. I'm so sick of being stuffed around like this. Worst part is being tossed around between Telstra and NBN "consultants" who as far as I can tell just bring up my  account on their screen, read all the problems I have had then the process begins again. Groundhog day has nothing on this debacle !!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Waiting for NBN FTTC and Telstra connection 4 months

Not good to hear of the connection delays cazzah and I can understand this would be very frustrating. Has a tech appointment been booked for you yet? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

cazzah

Several times I've had appointments booked then postponed or no show and no explanation. Many phonecalls and chat sessions and still no progress. I'm past the frustrated stage am now just furious :-(

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your reply cazzah. I recommend lodging a formal complaint via this link https://tel.st/9kv7g where a case manager will be assigned and will be in contact with you directly to discuss further.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cazzah

I had already formally complained and did so again today before I read your suggestion. Have had case manager assigned before which didn't help at all either. Just round and round in circles I go. 

Support Team
Support Team

Do you have a reference number for that complaint @cazzah? If so I may be able to follow up with your case manager about this.

cazzah

SR 1-2225007739938

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for that information @cazzah

I have emailed your case manager and requested that they get in touch with you as soon as possible to assist.

Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns moving forward.

- Jimmy 

cehart01

If you have no joy you have the option of the Ombudsman

https://www.tio.com.au

cazzah

Well, I received a phonecall and message and email . I requested email contact ONLY but whatever.... replied to email last night , no contact today so far.

cazzah

This will be my next step Thanks.

@cehart01 wrote:

If you have no joy you have the option of the Ombudsman

https://www.tio.com.au

cazzah

Preeti Shirish
Employee ID D786941
Complaint  Manager

Still no contact today from my supposed Case Manager

Support Team
Support Team

Hi cazzah,

Sorry to hear that your case manager missed you yesterday and can appreciate the frustration.

I've contacted your case manager reminding them of your preference.

Keep us updated on how this goes.

- Matty

Highlighted
cazzah

Doesn't make any difference, email or phone..... no contact has been made today at all. This afternoon I go to work and wont be available then until after 11pm. This is a complete and utter farce. I am done with Telstra :-(

cazzah

Smiley Mad Still nothing happening with this dilemma, still no contact after several emails to case manager. I just want to cancel out and why is there no record of an order even being processed on my Telstra Account dashboard. Am I able to use current NBN box if I go with another provider?

Support Team
Support Team

Hey cazzah,

I am sorry that your case manager has not yet reached out to you, it makes sense to me that you'd be feeling let down. 

I have emailed them (& copied in their manager) with a copy of this correspondence asking that they contact you as soon as possible, if you haven't heard within 2 business days get back to me.

Angela 

cazzah

I am presently in a chat session on Telstra account page attempting to cancel order.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update, let me know how you get on with that & I'll feed it back to your case manager -Angela 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now