Highlighted
Hoglet
Level 2: Rookie

Wan light flashing green

Answered
I have an NBN connection using a Telstra TG797n v3 modem, I was wondering if the WAN and Internet lights should be flashing or is there a connection issue? They remain solid for a short period of time (1-2mins) then start flashing again, they are always green never red, but flash at different rates over time.
Also tonight I lost the signal altogether but I am blaming NBN for that as a friend with a different provider also lost his connection.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Wan light flashing green

Hi ya Hoglet 

I don't believe your "WAN" light should flash at all.

I have the same model modem and while the ethernet, wireless and internet lights will flash my WAN light is always solid green when my connection is up..

Perhaps a quick call to technical support 133933 and have them check things out for you. 

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Shouldn't be anything to be concerned about Hoglety, normally that's a good sign that everything is running along OK and that there is inter device and net activety. You might wonder sometimes why they flash when you aren't activetly doing something on your computer but there are background processes in computers etc. like checks for updates etc. that run.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Hi ya Hoglet 

I don't believe your "WAN" light should flash at all.

I have the same model modem and while the ethernet, wireless and internet lights will flash my WAN light is always solid green when my connection is up..

Perhaps a quick call to technical support 133933 and have them check things out for you. 

Cheers

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now