CrowdSupport®
Richad
Level 2: Rookie

Want to lodge a complaint

Answered
I received a replacement modem due to original being faulty. Follow instructions and activate modem. It completed successfully. Right? Wrong! Unlike the documentation which does not mention hours and hours of waiting time, your call Center staff now says because it's busy it will be at least 24 - 48 hours.

I work in IT - hence the need for broadband over the next days. Your staff is trying to tell me fairy tales, is rude and interrupts me constantly. I'm done with BigPond. The first opportunity to ditch this rubbish will be taken up.

In the meantime, who do I need to bribe to activate the profile of my modem?

I will call the TIO in the new year but who can I escalate this to so that someone takes me seriously?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Want to lodge a complaint

Hello

If you ring 133 933 and say "Activations" that will take you to a team that can actually track your modem activation and push it through the system.

Just be sure you are actually talking to Activations.

Happy Christmas

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you wish to lodge an formal complaint you can do so here:
https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

It can also be done via phone on 132200 and say "Complaint" or via LiveChat.

If it is a cable modem, generally things activate without a hiccup and it happens pretty much straight away, however if it hasn't completed properly, it would need to be escalated and that would take at least 24 hours, which from previous experience is something that is not going to be any faster. Especially given it is Christmas tomorrow...

On ADSL, NBN, Wireless you should be able to configure the device settings manually with your username and password and that should still allow access.

The complaints team will still likely take some time to get anything sorted too, depending on the issue, if it is something that needs to be pushed through the system, they would have to submit the same form the other agent would have submitted...

That being said, I do wish you the best of luck in getting it sorted as fast as possible... you might be lucky enough to get someone who is actually good at their job...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Richad

Thanks mate, well looks like I need to stay on 4G - BigPond  AGAIN. The faulty modem kinda worked. I wish I kept using that. Obviously I can't switch back. I'm moving everything across to TPG in Jan. Sick of the clowns.

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Hello

If you ring 133 933 and say "Activations" that will take you to a team that can actually track your modem activation and push it through the system.

Just be sure you are actually talking to Activations.

Happy Christmas

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Richad

Just spoke to Janine, she was rude, condescending and made it out to be my fault. Off I go to buy a 4g prepaid. BigPond lost me as a customer. Rude muppets to say the least.
Richad

Thanks guys for your help. You certainly made more off an effort than those drongos.

I packed up the modem with all the other crap and coming Monday I'll dump it at the nearest Telstra store. TPG made an easy sale I reckon. Bye everyone
ALAN48
Level 1: Cadet

You reckon you have problems. One of our email addresses dropped out in early November. Since then we have been told on 5 occasions it would take 2-5 working days to fix. We have been told to subscribe to Platinum [@ $15 per month] because the regular Tech support couldn't handle it. We have also been told the problems would be escalated to a higher level - no joy here.
After 9+ weeks a level 5 Tech came on the phone today and said she coudn't find any notes relating to the problem. The guy before that was attempting to move some files and left me waiting for 3 hours - no joy here either.
It's about time ALL the tech support be brought back onshore.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @ALAN48, welcome to CrowdSupport.

If you have a reference number for the fault with your email like the examples we have here: What Reference Numbers can I obtain from Telstra? we can use this to take a look and see what has gone on, and what we can do to assist. If you have one, would you kindly reply with it?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now