CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Web browser issues with adsl broadband

Just got set up with adsl broadband today. wireless (wifi)  connection seem fine with ipad and iphone. Wifi connection seem ok with the Windows laptop but both internet browsers Chrome and IE keep showing 'page cannot be displayed' or unable to connect to the internet. 

I was with my previous ISP this morning (before set up of telstra adsl) and internet browsers were working fine. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Web browser issues with adsl broadband

OK, ther's something you need to do with your laptop, since I assume you can browse the web on your iPad and iPhone

First, check your connection settings on your laptop (welcome to how windows always makes things a tad more complex), and make sure  the IP settings are DHCP etc.

Also, check the settings on IE and Chrome in IE, it's Tools, Internet options, Connections, Lan settings, and make sure you don't have some wierd proxy or such.

That's the two things that I would check first. 

If that doesn't show up anything, post back, and we'll see.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you very much. I have checked my settings as suggested and this has resolved the issue Cat Embarassed

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Don't be embarrased.  Glad we could help.

Let us know what settings you needed to change - you never know, someone else may come along in future with exactly the same problem, and the solution will help

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bbsoy79, you can mark posts as a solution using the option button in the top right of the post that solved your enquiry.

I am glad that you were able to get assistance from the knowledgeable Wanglese Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit