CrowdSupport®
Aussiefx70
Level 1: Cadet

Websites timeout or not reachable using Bigpond Cable

I have a Telstra Gateway Max cable modem and for reasons unknown it has suddenly decided that it won't let me get to certain websites, which I could quite happily last week.  It is definitely an issue with this service as I can get to same said websites using just the 4G on my iPhone but any device accessing the internet via the Bigpond cable can't get to them.

Yes, I have reset everything, flushed caches, used different browsers and OS. My first thought was that it was the Telstra DNS issue again.  Problem is I can't check as in their wisdom, Telstra has now locked the DNS settings in these modems and I can't test using a different DNS.

If anyone has any thoughts / suggestions I'd love to hear them.

By the way, one of the websites I can't get to is myokokogen.net  As mentioned though, I can get to it using a different internet access.

Cheers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Websites timeout or not reachable using Bigpond Cable

Hi Aussiefx70,

Are you still unable to access those websites?

Did you try changing the DNS on one of your devices (rather than the modem) to see if this made any change?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Aussiefx70
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Shelly,

Sorry, forgot to mention that in my post.  Yes, that was the first thing I tried.  Tried it on both a PC and Mac just to see if there was any difference but no luck.  This is a bit of a weird one.  I don't think it's the DNS as the name is resolving.  It just doesn't load when I try accessing it via cable broadband.

However, miracle of miracles, as of now (literally) after a week of not being able to access it I can now get to it.  Seriously bizarre.  The vagueries of the Internet I guess. vague

Thanks any how.

Support Team
Support Team

Glad to hear it @Aussiefx70, thanks for letting us know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit