CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

What a poor service quality!

Answered

I had used a cable network for home broadband service. During that time I was satisfied Telstra service. However, they insisted to transfer me to NBN network recently. And after that, the service quality goes poor! Even though the cost goes up! 

These days, the NBN modem is disconnected from time to time and when I search the outage area, they say, "Yes, there is an outage in your area!" very proudly!!

And therefore my 'Smart Modem' switched the 4G networks and I have to endure the slow network. But eventually, I got a message that the 4G will slow down further since I still disconnect the fixed network, the NBN! What a silly situation! Telstra!!!  Do it appropriately!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: What a poor service quality!

I'm in your boat. After 8 months I finally have an nbn tech here telling me I'm 1300 m from the police so I can expect to keep getting the 148 dropouts a day I've been getting. 

He suggests I can get an upgrade to fttp as I have optic fibre literally attached to my house but when the area was connected my house didn't get it. But all my neighbours did why?

Basically telstra won't hassle the nbn to do anything about my problem. And nbn hide from the public using circle talk call services and scary costs to convert to fttp. 

The third world has better internet than us.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My advice is complain complain complain. Take screen shots of you modem dsl stats every day. Keep a diary.

Been through months of what you experience, except my modem never switched to 4g it just constantly rebooted. 3 different modems .Maybe 100 calls or online chats with telstra. Nbn cancelled multiple technicians because line tests fine on.their system

Most helpful man yet from nbn tells me I'll never have stable connection on fttn because of the distance. I also have not only the fibre on my premise but a open fibre port to plug into allocated to me.

He has told me nbn will accept no more faults and has requested I be connected to fttp. In his expert opinion it's not even a difficult job in my circumstance.

I won't hold my breath though.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I'm in your boat. After 8 months I finally have an nbn tech here telling me I'm 1300 m from the police so I can expect to keep getting the 148 dropouts a day I've been getting. 

He suggests I can get an upgrade to fttp as I have optic fibre literally attached to my house but when the area was connected my house didn't get it. But all my neighbours did why?

Basically telstra won't hassle the nbn to do anything about my problem. And nbn hide from the public using circle talk call services and scary costs to convert to fttp. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

My advice is complain complain complain. Take screen shots of you modem dsl stats every day. Keep a diary.

Been through months of what you experience, except my modem never switched to 4g it just constantly rebooted. 3 different modems .Maybe 100 calls or online chats with telstra. Nbn cancelled multiple technicians because line tests fine on.their system

Most helpful man yet from nbn tells me I'll never have stable connection on fttn because of the distance. I also have not only the fibre on my premise but a open fibre port to plug into allocated to me.

He has told me nbn will accept no more faults and has requested I be connected to fttp. In his expert opinion it's not even a difficult job in my circumstance.

I won't hold my breath though.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

The kind of behaviour that you are describing has very little to do with distance and sounds an awful lot like a line fault. I'm over 1250m from my node and my connection drops maybe once every couple of months.

It would be very odd for both FTTN and FTTP to be activated in the same location.

Is the "Fibre Optic" connection an old Telstra or Optus cable (which are HFC), or did NBN Co run a new Fibre Optic cable down the street and install NBN NTDs in people properties?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

It says nbn on the box with the optic fibre in it. Tech says he does those installs every other day. He showed me a optic fibre map that showed I had an allocated port. I'm in a relatively new street and my neighbours have fttp also.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Australia is currently sitting in 56th place world wide for internet speed and reliability. the nbn system can not even provide 100Mbs where most countries are now on GBs internet. you are better off using a mobile phone to get your internet thru rather than the nbn but there is no point complaining to anyone the Australian government don't care and as i have found out the telecommunication ombudsman is powerless to do anything. it would be cheaper to scrap the nbn and go back to copper phone line internet it was faster and more reliable. the nbn has cost Australian businesses around $20,000,000,000 in lost revenue since its introduction and it will never get any better because the majority shareholders in nbn.co. are some of our top politicians. you can move to Botswana they have 5GBs wifi countrywide.

steven burbidge
Highlighted

NBN Co doesn't have any shareholders. It is a Federal Government Corporation.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit